American Idols Live! Tour 2010(Redirected from American Idols LIVE! Tour 2010)
The American Idols LIVE! Tour 2010 was a summer concert tour in the United States and Canada that featured the Top 10 contestants of the ninth season of American Idol. The 44 date tour started in Auburn Hills, Michigan, on July 1, and ended in Indianapolis, Indiana, on August 31.
|Tour by American Idol|
Top row: Siobhan Magnus, Lee DeWyze
Middle row: Didi Benami, Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Tim Urban
Bottom row: Michael Lynche, Crystal Bowersox, Katie Stevens, Aaron Kelly
|Start date||July 1, 2010|
|End date||August 31, 2010|
|No. of shows||44|
|American Idol concert chronology|
The tour was sponsored by M&M'S Pretzel Chocolate Candies. The tour was promoted by Live Nation for the first time after a seven-year stint with AEG Live. The show was produced and directed by Raj Kapoor who was also responsible for the 2008 and 2009 Idols tour shows.
|Lee DeWyze (Winner)||Crystal Bowersox (2nd place)|
|Casey James (3rd place)||Michael Lynche (4th place)|
|Aaron Kelly (5th place)||Siobhan Magnus (6th place)|
|Tim Urban (7th place)||Katie Stevens (8th place)|
|Andrew Garcia (9th place)||Didi Benami (10th place)|
The show repeated the format of the last two season where each performer presented a mini-concert, starting from the tenth-place finisher and ending with the winner.
- Didi Benami - "Lay It On Me" (Kyler England) and "Terrified" (Katharine McPhee)
- Andrew Garcia - "Straight Up" (Paula Abdul) and "Sunday Morning" (Maroon 5)
- Katie Stevens - "Here We Go Again" (Demi Lovato) and "Fighter" (Christina Aguilera)
- Tim Urban - "Better Days" (Goo Goo Dolls) and "Viva la Vida" (Coldplay)
- Siobhan Magnus - "Paint It, Black" (The Rolling Stones), "Spiderwebs" (No Doubt) and "Stockholm Syndrome" (Muse)
- Aaron Kelly - "Somebody Like You" (Keith Urban), "Walking in Memphis" (Marc Cohn), and "Fast Cars and Freedom" (Rascal Flatts)
- Benami, Garcia, Stevens, Urban, Magnus, and Kelly - "The Climb" (Miley Cyrus)
- Michael Lynche - "This Woman's Work" (Kate Bush), "Ready for Love" (India.Arie) and "My Love" (Justin Timberlake)
- Casey James - "I Got Mine" (The Black Keys), "Don't!" (Shania Twain) "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" (Bryan Adams) with Michael Lynche and "It's All Over Now" (The Rolling Stones)
- Crystal Bowersox - "What's Up?" (4 Non Blondes), "Come to My Window" (Melissa Etheridge), "Up to the Mountain" (Patty Griffin) and "Piece of My Heart" (Janis Joplin).
- Lee DeWyze - "Beautiful Day" (U2), "Rocket Man" (Elton John), "Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen), "Treat Her Like a Lady" (Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose), and "Use Somebody" (Kings of Leon)
- Group song: It's My Life (Bon Jovi), "My Life Would Suck Without You" (Kelly Clarkson)
Rescheduled and canceled showsEdit
The season 9 tour performed significantly worse than the last few years of the tour. Of the limited number of shows that reported their tour receipts to Billboard, the number of ticket sold averaged 6057 per show with an average revenue of $277,814 per show. While this average number of ticket sold is around two-third of the previous two seasons, the average revenue was less than half of those seasons due to ticket price reduction and special offers. The ticket price this year averaged $45.87, down by around 25% from the previous two seasons.
The total gross was reported by Pollstar to be $9.6 million, only around a third of the previous two seasons, making this tour the second lowest grossing tour after the first season tour which had only 30 shows.
- 'American Idols Live! 2010' Tour Dates Announced
- American Idol Live Tour adjusts schedule and disappoints fans in Kansas City
- Olson, Elizabeth (2010-06-21). "A Campaign for M&Ms With a Salty Center? Sweet". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- American Idol Tour Shifts To Live Nation
- Raj Kapoor Director/Producer/Video Content Producer
- Make it to Idols Live tour: Check!