Andrew Garcia in July 2010.
|Birth name||Andrew Adrian Garcia|
|Born||October 18, 1985|
|Origin||Moreno Valley, California, United States|
|Associated acts||Yesterday, Today, Forever|
Garcia was born to Mexican parents. He also has an older brother. Garcia's former fiancée, Christine Concepcion, is a popular artist on YouTube. Garcia has a son, Caeland, with her. Garcia has a tattoo of his son's name on the right side of his neck, a tattoo of an "A" on his wrist, a rose on his front left arm, and a pair of Christine's lips in red on the left side of his neck.
Garcia auditioned for the ninth season in Pasadena, California. He sang "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 and was praised by all the judges, notably Simon Cowell, who called him a "genuinely good singer," as well as guest judge Katy Perry. He later appeared in Hollywood, where he sang Paula Abdul's song "Straight Up" and since has been particularly known for that performance.
He performed "Sugar, We’re Going Down", but according to the judges, did not come up to par with the musicality of "Straight Up", resulting in all four judges calling it "strange" commenting on his past "Straight Up" and urging him to return to the originality of the performance. Lee Dewyze and Andrew have become best friends over the show as told by Lee in his performance of Hey Jude
Garcia was eliminated on April 14, 2010 along with Katie Stevens. He was eliminated first, near the beginning of the show.
|Week #||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Order #||Result|
|Audition||Auditioner's Choice||"Sunday Morning"||Maroon 5||N/A||Advanced|
|First Solo||N/A||"Straight Up"||Paula Abdul||N/A||Advanced|
|Group Round||N/A||"No One"||Alicia Keys||N/A||Advanced|
|Second Solo||N/A||"Chasing Pavements"||Adele||N/A||Advanced|
|Top 24 (12 Men)||Billboard Hot 100 Hits||"Sugar, We're Goin Down"||Fall Out Boy||12||Safe|
|Top 20 (10 Men)||"You Give Me Something"||James Morrison||7||Safe|
|Top 16 (8 Men)||"Genie in a Bottle"||Christina Aguilera||4||Safe|
|Top 12||The Rolling Stones||"Gimme Shelter"||The Rolling Stones||5||Safe|
|Top 11||Billboard #1 Hits||"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"||Marvin Gaye||7||Safe|
|Top 10||R&B/Soul||"Forever"||Chris Brown||6||Safe|
|Top 9||Lennon–McCartney||"Can't Buy Me Love"||The Beatles||3||Bottom 31|
|Top 92||Elvis Presley||"Hound Dog"||Big Mama Thornton||2||Eliminated|
- ^Note 1 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Garcia was among the Bottom 3 but declared safe second, as Michael Lynche was saved from elimination by the judges.
- ^Note 2 Due to the judges using their one save to save Michael Lynche, the Top 9 remained intact for another week.
Garcia released his first single "Crazy" on June 7, 2011.
In 2015, Garcia plays music on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. He released an EP called Hell and Back.
- Garcia, Andrew (October 7, 2010). "Tomorrow is not my birthday guys.." Twitter. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- Hanek, Joel (January 21, 2010). "The Buzz On (Possible) 'American Idol' Star Andrew Garcia". Newsroom.
- Franklin, Mark (June 7, 2011). "'Crazy' new single from Season 9's Andrew Garcia". Idol Chatter.
- YTF Global; Home. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Nishimoto, Joie. "Youtube celebrities to perform in Honolulu Archived April 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.". Kapi'o Newspress. Retrieved October 24, 2011.