Allahabad State University
इलाहाबाद राज्य विश्वविद्यालय
|Carved out from Kanpur Univeristy|
|Motto||Education for Free|
|Established||17 June 2016|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Rajendra Prasad |
|Location||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
25.4358° N, 81.8463° E
It is a residential-cum-affiliating University. University began its first season in 2016-17 at 562 colleges of Allahabad, Kaushambi, Fatehpur and Pratapgarh. These 562 colleges of Allahabad, Kaushambi, Fatehpur and Pratapgarh were formerly affiliated to Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur and Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Faizabad. This is worst managed university. Exam dates and venues are changed abruptly without prior notices. Exams are like lollypop to the university. The day, VC feels tired, he cancels or postpones the exam.
The prime mission of Allahabad State University is to offer integrated approaches for local, regional, national and global opportunities of higher learning, research and engagement to the diverse sets of students' population. The University intends to offers a full range of degree programmes at the Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral, Post-Doctorals and Professional levels, coupled with the entire domain and scope of research and other creative activities.
Allahabad State University will provide higher education to the younger generation, and intends to emerge as a "world-class" multi-disciplinary global institution encompassing various branches and frontiers of higher learning and research in the entire domain, range and scope of "knowledge power". The University will have a student profile comparable with national and global public and private institutions of higher education by creating an environment in which students' success in diverse areas can be ensured to the optimum level. It will also fulfil the skills and professional needs of creating a strong regional and state workforce, while emerging as a primary engine of social, economic, and intellectual development in India and abroad in the Age of Globalization.
The University will also embark upon the path of realizing its endeavors and accomplishments in varying degrees, coupled with the ability of the students and faculty to build a resource base of highest order. As its primary goal, the Allahabad Sate University is dedicated to becoming a nationally and globally recognized institution in the 21st century along with the shared universal values of humanity at large. Accordingly, it is bound to utilize its material, human and other resources to :
- Imparting higher education to fulfil the diverse needs of students' community, including foreign students.
- Promote excellence within the entire domain, range and scope of higher education and professional studies.
- Meeting cultural and other challenges to our nation-building and eventually affecting the quality of life in the urban and rural areas through teaching, learning, advanced research and multi-dimentional activities.
- University of Allahabad
- Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences
- Motilal Nehru Medical College
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
- Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Faizabad
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University