Air Japan Co., Ltd. (株式会社エアージャパン, Kabushiki-gaisha Eā Japan) is a charter airline based in Narita International Airport in Narita, Chiba in Japan. It operates scheduled services under the ANA brand. It was announced on 2 April 2010 that Air Japan and ANA & JP Express will merge, with Air Japan being the surviving company. Air Japan shares the same callsign with All Nippon Airways on all flights except routes to and from Seoul Incheon, Hong Kong, Taipei, and Honolulu which use the Air Japan call sign.
|Founded||29 June 1990|
(as World Air Network)
|Frequent-flyer program||ANA Mileage Club|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||All Nippon Airways|
|Headquarters||Narita, Chiba, Japan|
|Key people||Haruyasu Otsuka |
(President & CEO)
|Employees||800 (1 April 2020)|
Air Japan was established as World Air Network on 29 June 1990 and became the charter airline arm of ANA, but ceased operation since September 1995. In 2000, World Air Network was renamed Air Japan and relaunched service in 2001, the first flight departed from Osaka to Seoul, South Korea.
Air Japan passenger flights serve the following destinations (as of March 2018):
|Austria||Vienna||VIE||LOWW||Vienna International Airport|
|China||Dalian||DLC||ZYTL||Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport|
|Guangzhou||CAN||ZGGG||Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport|
|Qingdao||TAO||ZSQD||Qingdao Jiaodong International Airport|
|Qingdao Liuting International Airport||Airport Closed|
|Shanghai||PVG||ZSPD||Shanghai Pudong International Airport|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong||HKG||VHHH||Hong Kong International Airport|
|Japan||Tokyo||HND||RJTT||Haneda International Airport|
|NRT||RJAA||Narita International Airport||Hub|
|Myanmar||Yangon||RGN||VYYY||Yangon International Airport|
|Taiwan||Taipei||TSA||RCSS||Taipei Songshan Airport|
|TPE||RCTP||Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport|
|United States||Seattle||SEA||KSEA||Seattle Tacoma International Airport|
|Vietnam||Ho Chi Minh City||SGN||VVTS||Tan Son Nhat International Airport|
All passenger routes are code-shared with All Nippon Airways and wear ANA livery.
The Air Japan fleet consists of aircraft from the ANA mainline fleet. These aircraft are all operated by both ANA and Air Japan pilots.
|Boeing 767-300||2||Operated for All Nippon Airways|
- "Air Japan". ch-aviation. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- Airline Codes retrieved 16 April 2006
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 58.
- ANA & JP and Air Japan Merger
- Japanese. "Company Information," Air Japan official site, accessed on 30 April 2007.
- "Corporate Profile." Air Japan. Retrieved on May 7, 2016. "Principle offices Narita airport 3B ANA Sky-center Narita airport Narita-city" - Japanese: "所在地 成田空港事務所 千葉県成田市成田国際空港ANAスカイセンター３B"
- "Company Guide". Air Japan. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
本店 ： 東京都大田区東糀谷六丁目7番56号
- "Gateway cities | Air Japan". www.air-japan.co.jp. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
Media related to Air Japan at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Japanese)