Air Europa Express
Air Europa Express (legally incorporated as Aeronova, S.L.U. and previously doing business as Aeronova) is a Spanish regional airline. It is a subsidiary of Globalia (which is also the parent company of Air Europa). The airline is set to operate regional routes for Air Europa. Globalia plans to have Air Europa grow and operate long-haul flights, and have Air Europa Express for short-haul and regional routes to be more competitive and reduce costs. The airline is not a part of Air Europa and therefore the staff of the airline will be totally independent of Air Europa.
|Founded||1996 (as Aeronova)|
|Parent company||Globalia Corp.|
|Headquarters||Son Sant Joan, Mallorca, Spain|
The airline was founded in Spain in 1996 as Aeronova and flew scheduled and charter flights on behalf of other companies. Aeronova also had a school offering training for pilots on the two types the airline flew, the ATR 42 and the Fairchild SA-227 Metro.
In November 2015 Globalia Corporacion, parent company of Air Europa, bought Aeronova. Later the same month it was announced that Globalia would rebrand the company as Air Europa Express to operate Air Europa's regional flights.
The new Air Europa Express is Globalia's third attempt at creating a regional subsidiary. The first was another airline with the same name which collapsed in 2001; a second airline, known as Universal Airlines, never commenced operations.
The airline commenced operations as Air Europa Express on 11 January 2016 with two daily flights between Valencia and Madrid; and one daily flight between Valencia and Palma de Malorca; operating under the Aeronova Air operator's certificate (AOC). It was expected to get a new AOC in March 2016 to fully change the name from Aeronova to Air Europa Express. This change has not occurred yet, as the company still operates under the Aeronova legal name and AOC. Tickets for flights are only available for purchase from the Air Europa website.
The Air Europa Express fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of April 2019):
- "Listado de Certificados de Operador Aéreo (AOC) de avión y helicóptero" (PDF). Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea (AESA). Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Air Europa Express: Globalia's low cost airline expected for March 2016 - Flight Consulting". Flight Consulting. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Air Europa Express inaugurates operations". ch-aviation. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Globalia adquiere Aeronova para crear Air Europa Express". abc. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- POR A.C.A. (4 December 2015). "Air Europa Express despegará el 11 de enero con un avión de Aeronova". Expansión.com. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-15. Retrieved 2016-01-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Globalia compra la empresa de transporte aéreo del Grupo Suñer". Las Provincias. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Globalia creará Air Europa Express para operar los vuelos de corto radio". Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Javier Fernández Magariño (18 November 2015). "Globalia prepara el lanzamiento de la 'low cost' Air Europa Express". CINCODIAS. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "OY-CHT - Aircraft info and flight history". Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Timeline Photos - World Airline News - Facebook". Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Air Europa - Official website". Air Europa. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 13.
- "Fleet". Air Europa. Retrieved 6 August 2016.