This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Agot Isidro (born July 20, 1966) is a Filipina recording personality. Born as Maria Margarita Amada Fteha Isidro, she is the fourth of the six children of Jose Isidro, an architect, and Palestinian mother Edwarta Fteha. She graduated from the University of the Philippines, Diliman with a bachelor's degree in interior design. Isidro also pursued Fashion Buying and Merchandising at Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, where she graduated as magna cum laude. She also has a master's degree in communication from the Ateneo de Manila University.
Maria Margarita Amada Fteha Isidro
July 20, 1966
|Occupation||Actress, singer, TV host|
|Agent||Viva Artists Agency (1990-present)|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Manu Sandejas (m. 2000–2010)|
Isidro started as a back-up singer together with her sisters Olive Cruz and Tina Isorena in the Sharon Cuneta Show. She was urged by Johnny Manahan or Mr. M to fill in for then pregnant Melissa de Leon in the noon time show 'Sang Linggo nAPO Sila. She was like a breath of fresh air and people started noticing her, hence, the moniker "Crush ng Bayan" or "the people's crush". She is best known for her role as Ingrid Martinez in the 2009 hit television series, Tayong Dalawa.
In 2012, she transferred to GMA Network and signed an exclusive contract in Kapuso Network, her first major project was the television series of GMA Network entitled, One True Love. She later returned to her original home network, ABS-CBN in 2013 as she makes a comeback project via Muling Buksan Ang Puso, starring Julia Montes, Enrique Gil and Enchong Dee.
Isidro grew up in Marikina along with her parents and siblings. She is the youngest among the girls and considered herself as "daddy's girl". Growing up, she never saw herself as beautiful because of her ethnic features as a child. Isidro was skinny, dark-skinned, black hair, and has knobby knees compared to her siblings who were light-skinned and has brown hair. Because of her looks, she was teased a lot by her siblings and relatives, which left her emotionally scarred.
After graduating college in UP Diliman, she left home and pursued a degree in Fashion Buying and Merchandising in the prestigious Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. New Yorkers were fascinated by her ethnic features, which gave Isidro a boost of confidence and self-esteem. Living alone, she felt homesick and struggled to make ends meet with her allowance given by her parents. However, Isidro was determined to prove that she could live alone in the Big Apple. She focused on school and graduated magna cum laude.
When she entered showbizness at age 25, she was like a breath of fresh air to the Filipino audience. Her beauty and talent stood out and was given the title as "crush ng bayan" or "people's crush" because of her girl-next-door persona. Isidro continued to rise as a talent and was given numerous projects including recording albums, movies, television, and theater. Up to this date, she is considered to be one of the most beautiful women and best dressed celebrity in the Philippines.
|1990||The Sharon Cuneta Show||Herself / Co-hostess|
|1990-95||Sa Linggo nAPO Sila||Herself / Hostess|
|1993||Oki Doki Doc||Alex Macunatan|
|1993||GMA Telecine Specials||Various roles|
|1993||Spotlight Presents: Agot Isidro||Herself / Various roles|
|1995-98||'Sang Linggo nAPO Sila||Herself / Hostess|
|1997-02||Oka Tokat||Corona "Rona" Catacutan del Fierro||Lead role|||
|2004||Marina||Sheila Corrales-Sandico / Dugyot|
|2005-06||Search for the Star in a Million||Herself / Judge|
|2005||Mga Anghel Na Walang Langit||Aling Pilar|
|2006-07||Komiks Presents: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko||Bukang Liwayway|
|2007||Komiks Presents: Si Pedro Penduko at ang mga Engkantao||Reyna Bukang Liwayway|
|2007||Celebrity Duets: Philippine Edition||Herself / Performer|
|2008||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Lina||Episode: "Mansyon"|
|2009||Tayong Dalawa||Ingrid Martinez-Garcia/Cardenas||Main antagonist|||
|2010||Tanging Yaman||First Lady Marcela Policarpio|||
|2011||Agimat: Ang Mga Alamat ni Ramon Revilla||Veronica Gutierrez||Episode: "Bianong Bulag"|
|2011||Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin||young Remedios Sebastiano|
|2011||100 Days to Heaven||Diana|
|2011–12||Nasaan Ka Elisa?||Dana Altamira|||
|2012||One True Love||Leila Samonte||Main antagonist|
|2012||Paroa: Ang Kuwento ni Mariposa||Amalia de Guzman|
|2013||Vampire Ang Daddy Ko||Adelle|
|2013||Magpakailanman||Norma Diwa||Episode: "Sex for Sale"|
|2013||Muling Buksan Ang Puso||Carissa Beltran-Dela Vega||Main antagonist|||
|2014||Carmela: Ang Pinakamagandang Babae Sa Mundong Ibabaw||Amanda Fernandez||Main protagonist|
|2014–15||Bagito||Sylvia Samson-Lorenzo||Main antagonist|||
|2015–17||Ang Probinsyano||Verna Syquia-Tuazon||Main antagonistic-protagonist|
|2018||Asintado||Hillary Gonzales-Del Mundo||Main protagonist|
|2019||Sino ang May Sala?: Mea Culpa||Dolores Miranda|
|2019||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Passport||Angela Wilson||Main antagonist|
|2019||Call Me Tita||Celine Hontiveros|
|2018||Recipe For Love||Mona Marcelo|
|2017||Ang Panday||Cameo role|
|2015||All You Need Is Pag-ibig||Jessica|
|2013||Mga Anino ng Kahapon||Irene|
|2012||One More Try||Marga|
|2011||My House Husband: Ikaw Na!||Cynthia|
|Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow||Agnes|
|Mga Mumunting Lihim||Sandra|
|Way Back Home||Amelia/Amy Santiago|
|2009||Ang Darling Kong Aswang||Ayah|
|2006||Tulad ng Dati||Beth Pangan|
|1998||April, May June||April|
|1997||Ipaglaban Mo: The Movie II|
|Da Best in Da West||Leah|
|I Do, I Die! Dyos Ko Day||Helena Mendiola|
|1994||Pangako ng Kahapon||Elizabeth|
|Padilla (Bala Lang ang Katapat mo!)||Atty. Joan Sanchez|
|Kalabog En Bosyo|
Isidro made her theatrical debut in August 2003 with Honk!, a musical inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's "The Ugly Duckling." Isidro played Ida, the mother of the "ugly duckling" played by Rajo Laurel. The musical was under Trumpets Production and was directed by Chari Arespacochaga. Honk! was held at the Meralco Theater on August 1 till September 7 of 2003.
After her Honk! debut, Isidro starred in Atlantis Production's "Baby The Musical" on August 2004. She played Pam Sakarian, a basketball coach in her 30s opposite Jett Pangan, who played her husband Nick Sakarian. The story involves the couple's struggle to conceive after being married for two years. The couple found out that Pam was pregnant but later realized that it was the wrong Mrs. Sakarian, Nick's sister-in-law. The play was directed by Bobby Garcia and was held at the Meralco Theater.
- 1993 Sa Isip Ko
- 1995 Hush
- 1996 The Best of Agot Isidro
- 1997 Winds Of Change
- 1999 Best In Me
- 2006 The Island
- 2006 Silver Series
- 2009 White Lace and Promises
- 2015 (soon) Ikaw Parin
- Sa Isip Ko
- Beginning Today
- Sandali Na Lang
- Loving You
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Award Giving Body||Award/Nomination/Category||Nominated work||Result|
|2014||Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Single Drama/Telemovie Program||Magpakailanman||Nominated|
|2013||37th Gawad Urian Awards||Best Actress||Mga Anino ng Kahapon||Nominated|
|ENPRESS Golden Screen Awards||Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Drama)||Mga Mumunting Lihim||Nominated|
|39th Metro Manila Film Festival||New Wave Best Actress||Mga anino ng kahapon||Won|
|2011||8th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival–Director's Showcase||Best Actress / Supporting Actress
(with Judy Ann Santos, Iza Calzado and Janice de Belen)
|Mga Mumunting Lihim||Won|
|2009||35th Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Supporting Actress||Ang Darling Kong Aswang||Nominated|
|23rd PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actress||Tayong Dalawa||Nominated|
|33rd Gawad Urian Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Huling Pasada||Nominated|
|2007||31st Gawad Urian Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Tulad ng dati||Nominated|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-06-17. Retrieved 2015-06-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- News, ABS-CBN. "Ikaw na! 12 celebs who were school achievers". news.abs-cbn.com.
- Santos, Rhea Manila (2011-07-17). "Makisig Morales shares why he enjoys bonding with his siblings on weekends". Showbuzz: Celeb Highlight. ABS-CBN. Archived from the original on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "ABS-CBN launches biggest TV project" "Khaleej Times", Last Retrieved March 27, 2007.
- "Behind the scenes of "Lobo"". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Archived from the original on 2010-04-28. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "'Tayong Dalawa' premieres on January 19". ABS-CBN Interactive. January 8, 2009. Retrieved March 23, 2009.
- Siazon, Rachelle (2009-11-21). "ABS-CBN unveils 2010 show line-up". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN News. Archived from the original on 2013-05-30. Retrieved 2009-12-15.
- Tanging Yaman: Feature Article Archived 2012-10-05 at the Wayback Machine retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 01-11-2010
- Tanging Yaman: Cast and Character Archived 2012-10-07 at the Wayback Machine retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 01-11-2010
- Nasaan ka Elisa? premieres on Primetime Bida tonight Archived 2013-12-29 at the Wayback Machine retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 09-11-2011
- Nasaan Ka Elisa and Maria la del Barrio lead stars will grace March 13 episode of ASAP Rocks retrieved March 11, 2011 via PEP.ph
- "MULING BUKSAN ANG PUSO Full Trailer" – via www.youtube.com.
- noringai (Noreen Capili). "BAGITO". Wattpad. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "BAGITO Full Trailer". ABS-CBN Entertainment. YouTube. November 14, 2014. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Bagito's pilot episode trends on Twitter". Archived from the original on 2014-12-19. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "Agot Isidro on IMDb". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "Manila Standard - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com.
- "'UGLY DUCKLING' MUSICAL SOON IN TOWN". www.newsflash.org.
- Federizo, J. Gi. "Agot Isidro". The End Justifies the Journey.
- "Philippine Daily Inquirer - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com.