100 Days to Heaven
100 Days to Heaven is a 2011 Philippine fantasy comedy drama television series directed by Malu L. Sevilla, Jojo A. Saguin, and Don M. Cuaresma. The series stars Coney Reyes and Xyriel Manabat as Anna Manalastas, and Jodi Sta. Maria as Sophia Delgado and Trisha Manalastas, with an ensemble cast consisting of Joel Torre, Dominic Ochoa, Smokey Manaloto, Valerie Concepcion, Rafael Rosell, Jewel Mische, Emmanuelle Vera, Neil Coleta, Louise Abuel, Rustica Carpio, and Noel Trinidad in their supporting roles. The series premiered on ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida evening block and worldwide on TFC from May 9 to November 18, 2011, replacing Mutya.
|100 Days to Heaven|
|Genre||Drama, Comedy, Fantasy|
|Created by||Dindo C. Perez
Julie Anne R. BenitezRondel P. Lindayag
|Written by||Shugo Praico |
|Directed by||Malu L. Sevilla |
Jojo A. Saguin
Don M. Cuaresma
|Starring||Coney Reyes |
Jodi Sta. Maria
|Opening theme||"Mahiwaga" by Fatima Soriano with Mandaluyong Children's Choir|
|Ending theme||"Mahiwaga" by Angeline Quinto|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||140|
|Executive producer||Maya Manuel-Aralar|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company||Dreamscape Entertainment|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||May 9 –|
November 18, 2011
|Year||Episodes||First aired||Last aired|
|2011||140||May 9, 2011||November 18, 2011|
|2020||35||March 16, 2020||May 5, 2020|
|Episodes||First aired||Last aired|
|Community Quarantine Rerun||35||March 16, 2020||May 5, 2020|
Anna Manalastas (Coney Reyes) is the dictator of a toy company that she built. In the past, she was a smart and talented little girl who never saw her mother. Her father mistreats and threatens her whenever she tries to impress him, although the actions of her father were out of discipline. She got pregnant later in her life, and for this her father got very mad. At her father's deathbed, she was taught how humans can never be capable of goodness.
After giving birth, Anna gave her daughter away since she didn't think she could adequately raise the child and provide proper love and support for her. She then grows up to be mean, selfish, obnoxious and greedy due to her troubled past. Later on she was killed in a car explosion, an orchestrated "accident" which was planned by her most trusted employee's ( Bobby) wife, Miranda. As she was about to be condemned to hell, Tagabantay, the gatekeeper of heaven, gives her a second chance after bargaining. She gets a chance to live again and make amends with those whom she wronged while still alive, but as a child, and for only 100 days.
In her quest for redemption, she'll be helped by people she thought were insignificant, and eventually run into her own daughter who will prove crucial to her own mission.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Coney Reyes as Madame Anna Manalastas - The protagonist. Anna is the evil and ruthless former owner of the Toy Company. After her death, Tagabantay tells her that she cannot enter heaven because of all the bad things she did in her life. Fortunately, Tagabantay gives her a second chance to correct her past mistakes by returning to Earth in her childhood form. Once she's back on Earth, she meets Kevin, a young boy who has a sister, Sophia who later reveals to be her daughter. With the help of Sophia Delgado and her family, she must find all the people she hurt and correct what she's done in her past life. Over time, she'll learn to feel love and life values she hadn't known before because of her tragic past. She made Sophia Delgado enter her company as Sophia Mendoza, a marketing consultant for her mission. While finding for her daughter that she abandoned, she secretly followed a lead, her old maid, Digna, revealing, Sophia Delgado is her biological daughter. In the end, she learned the real meaning of love, forgiveness, and sacrifice.
- Xyriel Manabat as Young Anna Manalastas - She is evil and snobbish at first but learns to change for the good when Tagabantay gave her second chance to come back to Earth and her younger self will serve as her vessel. While doing her mission on earth, she will be able to meet Sophia Delgado and her family through Kevin, Sophia's step brother to be revealed. As she stays with their family and sees their condition, she offers her a big amount of money, but Sophia needing to help her with her mission. While she does her mission with her, she develops a good relationship with Sophia and her "cousins", Bruce and Jopet.
- Jodi Sta. Maria as Sophia Delgado/Trisha Manalastas/Sophia Mendoza - A good character. She agrees to help Anna by having a false identity and work at The Toy Company. Over the days, she'll learn to know Anna Manalastas and be her best friend. Little does she know that she is the multi-million dollar heiress to her biological mother's inheritance. She will eventually learn who her biological mother is and if she's willing to accept her inheritance her biological mother's company. In the end, she learns to forgive and accept her biological mother, even before her mother was able to accomplish her mission and enter the gates of heaven. She was able to get the company that her mother worked for and had a happy ever after with Bart and her adoptive father, Andres.
- Joel Torre as Andres Delgado - Andres is a very loving father to Sophia and Kevin. Despite his handicap, he still works to earn a living to help augment their daily needs. In the middle of the series, it was revealed that Andres is Sophia's adoptive father.
- Dominic Ochoa as Bobby Ramirez - Bobby is the main antagonist and Anna's former assistant in The Toy Company, where he once worked as a carrier of goods. The day before he died, he seeks forgiveness from Anna for his resentment against her. He entered Heaven after. Anna reunited with him in the ending part of the series.
- Smokey Manaloto as Bruce Lim - Bruce is one of Sophia's kind hearted and bubbly street cousins, together with Jopet. Later on, he was killed by Baldo. In the end, he and Anna reunited in Heaven.
- Valerie Concepcion as Miranda Salviejo-Ramirez - Miranda is the main antagonist and Bobby's wife who is the mastermind of killing Anna.
- Rafael Rosell as Bartolome "Bart" Ramirez Jr. - He is the younger brother of Bobby. Bobby stood as Bart's foster father when their parents died. Idolizing Bobby as his idol, he has been following all his life what Bobby wants. Even if he loves music, he still chose to work for Anna because Bobby put him there as a midlevel manager. However, Anna thinks Bart is worthless as a manager in her company. He fell in love with Sophia Mendoza, the fake marketing expert of The Toy Company, and later to be revealed as legal heiress of all Madame Anna's wealth. In the middle of the series, he knew the truth about Sophia's true identity, but kept it as a secret to Bobby and Miranda. In the end, he had a happily ever after with Sophia.
- Jewel Mische as Jessica Cruz - Jessica is the secondary antagonist and fiancé of Bart in the series. She hates Sophia and Anna. She plans to marry Bart, but failed due to Bart falling for Sophia instead. Then, she planned to kill Sophia so that Bart could marry her. In the middle of the series, she did everything not knowingly in the beginning that Sophia is her cousin, the legal heiress of Madame Anna's wealth, to not get the company of Madame Anna. The time Sophia sold the company to Ramirez's couple and knew she is not the true heiress of Madame Anna's company and wealth, she was kicked out of the company. In the end, she went to Europe for her to start a new life again.
- Emmanuelle Vera as Yanie Ramirez - Yanie is a sweet beautiful girl in the series. She was the youngest of the Ramirez children and is in love with Jopet.
- Neil Coleta as Jopet Lim - Jopet is one of Sophia's street smart cousins. Together with Bruce, they are Sophia's accomplices in her scams. He fell in love with Yannie, Bobby and Bart Ramirez's younger sister, even if he can't because of Madame Anna's mission.
- Louise Abuel as Kevin Delgado - Kevin is a very active kid. He is full of hope, which he shares with the people around him. At a young age, he already knows that his time on Earth may come sooner than expected. This is the reason why he is looking for a man who will love and take care of Sophia. One night, he saved Anna, his bestfriend, who was supposed to be the one hit by a car, which causes his death. In the end of the series, he and Madame Anna got reunited in heaven.
- Rustica Carpio as Lola Kayang Lim - She is a good, loving, and sometimes a funny grandmother to Bruce and Jopet.
- Noel Trinidad as Tagabantay - He was the one who gave Anna the task of giving Anna a second chance to correct her past mistakes before ascending to Heaven within a hundred days.
- Vhong Navarro as Elpidio "Pido" Abucay - One of The Toy Company's former employees. He was fired after he was allegedly accused of stealing. He is trying to make a living by performing as a clown.
- Mark Gil† as Norman Manalastas - The strict father of Anna, who was responsible for unknowing mistreating her out of discipline since childhood that she became a selfish tyrant.
- Shaina Magdayao as Teen/Young Adult Anna Manalastas
- Felix Roco as Teen Rene Mosqueda
- Pokwang as Digna Amparo - Anna’s maid. She was asked by Anna to give her child up for adoption. She gave the child to her friend, Teresita, to raise as her own child.
- Melai Cantiveros as Girlie. She is the previous maid of Anna that got fired because of not waking up Anna before the alarm clock rings.
- Jason Abalos as Brando Rivero. He is the previous driver of Anna that got fired because of texting while driving.
- Vice Ganda as August - A hairdresser who was fired in the salon where he works because he didn't do his job on Anna. He owns a beauty parlor and his friends became his employees. However, because he idolizes Anna, he became a strict boss to his friends because he wanted to be like Anna. But, because of Anna, he learned the value of friendship.
- Chinggoy Alonzo+ as Mr. Villanueva - A owner of V-Toys company
- Empress Schuck as Gina Bernardo - A former employee of The Toy Company. She got fired after a mistake that she did while Anna is in a meeting with Mr. Villanueva. After she got fired, she suffered a miscarriage. This led to becoming a beggar in the streets.
- Matt Evans as Paul - Gina's Husband and the father of the baby that he and Gina lost because of a miscarriage of the baby. Later on, they separated as a married couple.
- Ron Morales as Baldomero "Baldo" Enriquez - One of Miranda's men behind the planned death of Anna.
- Gloria Romero as Lola Pilar - An old lady selling sampaguita along the Church who was mocked by Anna in the first episode. She is also the adoptive grandmother of Tikoy. However, she died in a car accident.
- Joonee Gamboa as Ricardo "Carding" Torres - One of The Toy Company's most loyal employee. He is also Anna's most trusted employee. However, he is illiterate. Anna promised to promote him to Messenger, on condition that he must learn to read and write. He struggled to learn how to read and write. However, it was too late.
- Lui Manansala as Brenda
- Sam Milby as Ruel Villanueva - Mr. Villanueva's son
- Xian Lim as Jojo Villanueva - Mr. Villanueva's son
- Maricar Reyes as Emerald Capistrano - Daughter of Julio. She want to take revenge of Anna because of what happened to his father. Later on, they will get the royalties from Princess Emerald action figure and will forgive herself for their misery.
- Ricardo Cepeda as Julio Capistrano. He sold his Princess Emerald design for low price. With the popularity of Princess Emerald action figure, he ask for royalties but Anna insists that there is no agreement about it and it is not applicable for Third World Countries like Philippines. He then resent Anna for outsmarting him.
- Abby Bautista as Young Emerald Caspitrano
- Celine Lim as Pre-teen Emerald Capistrano
- Tirso Cruz III as Rene Mosqueda - Anna's ex-boyfriend and the biological father of Sophia Delgado. He didn't want responsibility for Anna's child so he left her to go back to the States. He is also Carmen's husband.
- Eda Nolan as Teen Carmen Mosqueda
- Liz Alindogan as Carmen Mosqueda
- Cherry Pie Picache as Myrna Soledad - She is the owner of Three Angels Flower Shop. However, her business declined after Anna slandered her because of a mistake. This after they delivered a funeral flower to a valuable client. Because of what happened, she decided to take her children away from her.
- Cheska Billiones as Claire Soledad - The eldest daughter of Myrna. She was adopted by Myrna's aunt. She had hard feelings with her mother.
- Jelo Eschaluce as Bryan Soledad - Myrna's only son. Mynra gave him to her sister Ibyang. However, Ibyang refused to give him and he suffered abuses from Ibyang and her lover.
- Veronica Louise Bernardo as Margaret Soledad - Myrna's youngest daughter. She was adopted by her adopted parents.
- Yda Yaneza as Ibyang
- Gloria Diaz as Dolores Bustamante - Rachel's adopted mother
- Rica Peralejo as Rachel Bustamante - Anna assumed that Rachel was her long lost daughter but she wasn’t her biological daughter.
- Ogie Escanilla as Onin Abucay
- Khaycee Aboloc as Katkat Abucay
- Lui Villaluz as Marjorie
- Christopher De Leon as Ronaldo Quinio
- Albie Casiño as Reggie Quinio
- Carlo Lacana as Young Reggie Quinio
- Angel Jacob as Dorothy Quinio
- Racquel Villavicencio as Minda
- Aria Clemente as Cielo
- William Lorenzo as Fidel
- Yayo Aguila as Teresita Delgado
- Jayson Gainza as Eloy
- Tess Antonio as Minerva - Eloy's girlfriend
- Ivan Dorschner as Teen Bart Ramirez
- Bugoy Cariño as Tikoy
- Agot Isidro as Nurse Diana - She took care of Tikoy's grandmother at the hospital where she worked at not knowing her name nor did she know she had any family, a grandson named Tikoy. She adopts Tikoy because his grandmother died.
- Enrique Gil as Teen Bobby Ramirez
- Vangie Martelle as Teen Miranda Salviejo
- Albert Martinez as Tagabantay (a postman)
- Franco Daza as Dexter Alarcon
- Kiray Celis as Young Girlie
- Judy Ann Santos as Tagabantay (a chef)
- John Lloyd Cruz as PO3 Jack De Guzman - He is a police officer that first know about Anna's biological daughter identity and Anna's hidden existence as a child.
- Dante Rivero as Gen. Salazar
- Gerard Pizarras as Joey Salazar
- KC Concepcion as Tagabantay (a streetsweeper)
- Paulo Avelino as Teddy Ledesma - The Chief Executive Officer of Teddy's Burger Corporation. He is a happy-go-lucky guy. He would soon found out that his uncle Walter is embezzling money from the company. However, he didn't file charges against Walter because he became his second father after his father died.
- Philip Salvador as Walter Ledesma - Teddy's uncle. He was envious at Teddy because his brother inherited it. He dedicated his whole life for the company with his brother and never got married. He admits that he terminated Teddy because of being selfish.
- Jericho Rosales as Tagabantay (a security guard)
- Angelica Panganiban as Claire - An inmate with Sophia. She got released with the help of Sophia and Bart.
- Tetchie Agbayani as Claire's Mother
- Ronaldo Valdez as Atty. Galileo "Leo" Fonacier - The corporate lawyer of The Toy Company. Anna hired him because of his good performance, this after Anna fired her lawyer after they lost in a settlement.
- Piolo Pascual as Dr. Ivan Carlos - Specialist as a pedestrian surgeon. He was recommended to operate on Kevin because Kevin got hit by a car. He also has a fear of operating on another child because his daughter didn't survive the surgery.
- Dimples Romana as Angela Carlos - wife of Dr. Ivan Carlos
- Angel Locsin as Tagabantay (a nurse)
- Susan Roces as Amelita Manalastas Salvador - Anna and Cecille's mother & Sophia's grandmother
- Eddie Gutierrez as Mr. Salvador
- Rita Avila as Cecille Salvador - Anna's half- sister
- Anne Curtis as Tagabantay (a protester)
- Richard Gomez as Tagabantay (an ice cream vendor)
- Vilma Santos as Tagabantay (a memorial park official)
- Pen Medina as Tagasundo
- Jake Cuenca as Young Tagasundo
- Coco Martin as Young Tagabantay
100 Days premiered with a 32.1% rating based on Kantar Media Ratings. Since then, the show has been a constant top-rater on its timeslot. On its series finale, the show garnered an impressive 38.7%. According to a survey done by Kantar Media Data, 100 Days, along with fellow ABS-CBN show, Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin, was the most watched program for the third quarter of 2011.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2011||ASAP Pop Viewers' Choice Awards||Pop Kapamilya TV Show||100 Days to Heaven||Won|
|Pop Kapamilya TV Character||Coney Reyes and Xyriel Manabat as Anna Manalastalas||Nominated|
|Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Original Drama Series||100 Days to Heaven||Nominated|
|Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Drama Series||Xyriel Manabat||Nominated|
|2012||8th USTv Student's Choice Awards||Best Actress in a Daily Local Soap Opera||Xyriel Manabat||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress in a Daily Local Soap Opera||Jodi Sta. Maria||Won|
|Best Daily Local Soap Opera||100 Days to Heaven||Won|
|10th Gawad TANGLAW for Television||Best Performance by an Actress||Xyriel Manabat||Won|
|Best Drama Series||100 Days to Heaven||Won|
|26th PMPC Star Awards For Television||Best Child Performer||Xyriel Manabat||Won|
|43rd GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Most Popular Male Child Performer||Bugoy Carino||Won|
|Most Popular Female Child Performer||Xyriel Manabat||Won|
|Most Popular TV Program Drama Series||100 Days to Heaven||Won|
On March 14, 2020, ABS-CBN announced that 100 Days to Heaven will be re-airing on Primetime Bida beginning on March 16, 2020, temporarily replacing Pamilya Ko as part of the network's special programming block during the 2020 Luzon enhanced community quarantine done to stop the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus/COVID-19 in the Philippines which necessitated the network to suspend teleserye tapings. However, the re-runs were moved to 5:05 PM as the network decided to give the timeslot to a rerun of Meteor Garden's 2018 remake. This rerun was abruptly cut due to the temporary closure of ABS-CBN following the cease and desist order issued by the National Telecommunications Commission on account of its franchise expiration.
- PEP.ph. "Coney Reyes considers 100 Days To Heaven an "answered prayer"". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- PEP.ph. "Kantar Media-TNS National Household Ratings (Nov. 18-21): 100 Days To Heaven and Budoy top weekday primetime; Ikaw Ay Pag-ibig debuts strongly | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- PEP.ph. "100 Days to Heaven and Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin are most watched TV programs nationwide, according to Kantar Media data | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Archived from the original on 2014-01-02. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- Ricky Calderon (October 28, 2011). "Golden Screen TV Awards nominees bared". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- ABS-CBN wins big at USTv awards
- 10th Gawad TANGLAW names 11 celebrities as Pinaka Kapuri-puring Artista ng Dekada via PEP.ph
-  Archived 2014-01-02 at the Wayback Machine via PEP.ph
- "Vice Ganda named Phenomenal Box-Office Star; Derek Ramsay is Box-Office King while Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes share Box-Office Queen title" Archived 2015-07-01 at the Wayback Machine. Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- "READ: ABS-CBN statement on special primetime programming amid Metro Manila quarantine". ABS-CBN News. March 14, 2020. Retrieved June 26, 2020.
- "'Meteor Garden' returning to primetime television". ABS-CBN News. April 30, 2020. Retrieved June 26, 2020.
- Rivas, Ralf (May 5, 2020). "ABS-CBN goes off-air after NTC order". Rappler. Retrieved June 26, 2020.