African Democratic Change
African Democratic Change (ADeC) is a South African political party. It was launched on 1 December 2017 by former African National Congress Member of Parliament, Makhosi Khoza. Khoza resigned from the party in April 2018. The party is currently led by Moses Mayekiso.
|Secretary-General||Nathaniel D. Bricknell|
|National Organiser||Mzwonke Mayekiso|
|Communications Committee Chairperson||Anele Kunene|
|Founded||1 December 2017|
|Split from||African National Congress|
0 / 400
0 / 90
0 / 430
Makhosi Khoza resigned as an African National Congress Member of Parliament on 21 September 2017 to join the effort against corruption in South Africa. Her resignation came after months of her criticizing ANC President Jacob Zuma and calling for him to step down. After the announcement, it became speculative that Khoza would form a new political party. Initial reports in November 2017, suggested that Khoza would name her new political party "Change". The African Democratic Change (ADeC) was launched on 1 December 2017. Khoza was adamant that her new party would not collapse.
It failed to win any seats.
|Election||Total votes||Share of vote||Seats||+/–||Government|
0 / 400
|Election||Eastern Cape||Free State||Gauteng||Kwazulu-Natal||Limpopo||Mpumalanga||North-West||Northern Cape||Western Cape|
- Makhosi Khoza launches political party. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Child, Katharine. Makhosi Khoza resigns from politics, TimesLIVE, 21 April 2018. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Meet Moses Mayeksio, African Democratic Change President. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Makhosi Khoza quits the ANC. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Goodbye new alien and corrupt ANC, I quit - Makhosi Khoza. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- #MakhosiKhoza may start new party. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Details: Makhosi Khoza to launch new political party ‘Change’. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Makhosi Khoza’s new party hoping to woo disillusioned ANC voters. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Party won't go Agang way, says #MakhosiKhoza. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- ANC slams Makhosi Khoza's party over logo. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- ADeC 'faction' welcomes Khoza’s resignation. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- Makhosi Khoza resigns from politics. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- 48 parties to contest upcoming general election. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
- "Dagga Party joins forces with African Democratic Change in bid for 2019 election". CapeTalk. Retrieved 2019-04-27.
- "Results Dashboard". www.elections.org.za. Retrieved 2019-05-11.