This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abubakar Shaib Kyari (born 1 January 1960) is Nigerian Politician, He is the Senator representing Borno North Senatorial District of Borno State at the 9th National Assembly and a member of the All Progressives Congress.
|Senator of the 8th National Assembly|
|Preceded by||Maina Maaji Lawan|
9 June 2015 – 9 June 2019
|Senator of the 9th National Assembly|
June 2019 – 2023
|Born||1 January 1964|
|Political party||All Progressives Congress|
|Alma mater||Barewa College |
University of Tennessee
Early life and educationEdit
He was educated in both Nigeria and United States of America. He attended Kaduna Capital School in 1974. He then proceeded to Barewa College Zaria where he obtained his WASSCE In 1979. He attended the University of Tennessee Martin in USA where he obtained a bachelor's degree in 1986. Thereafter in 1989, he attended Webster University St.Louis Missouri USA for his Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
Prior to becoming a Senator, he was a member of the House of Representatives from 1998 to 2003. From 2003 to 2005, he was made a Honorable Commissioner in Borno State. From 2007 to 2011 he continued as a Honorable Commissioner.
Kyari was elected to be a member of the Borno State House of Representatives under the defunct United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP) in 1998. He represented his constituency at the National House of Assembly on the platform of the defunct All Peoples Party (APP) between 1999 -2003. In the 2015 elections, he contested for the Borno North Senatorial seat and won under the platform of the All Progressives Congress.
In the election primaries the All Progressives Congress conducted in October 2018, he polled total of 3,342 votes while his co-contestant Hajia Fati Kakenna got 10 votes. In the 2019 elections, he polled 75,565 votes to defeat his closest opponent Hon. Isa Lawan Kangar of the PDP with 35, 123 votes.
- "National Assembly | Federal Republic of Nigeria". www.nassnig.org. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Idris, Hamza (11 August 2015). "Political will is key to rebuilding Northeast –Sen Kyari". Daily Trust. Archived from the original on 22 September 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "The Three Abba Kyari(s) In Borno and the Confusion of Personalities..." Nigerian Voice. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Falae, Vivian (27 November 2018). "Abba Kyari dies at the age of 80". Legit.ng - Nigeria news. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Maina, Maina (22 February 2015). "APC senatorial candidate for Borno North donates relief materials to IDPs". Daily Post Nigeria. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Omirin, Olatunji; Maiduguri (4 October 2018). "Senator Kyari retains Borno North APC ticket". Daily Trust. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "APC's Shettima, Ndume, Kyari win Borno Senate seats". Latest Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Politics. 26 February 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Supreme Court Upholds Election As Zulum, Kyari As Governor And Senator". Channels Television. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|