This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Year 136 (CXXXVI) was a leap year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar, the 136th Year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 136th year of the 1st millennium, the 36th year of the 2nd century, and the 7th year of the 130s decade. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Commodus and Civica (or, less frequently, year 889 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 136 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||889|
|Balinese saka calendar||57–58|
|Chinese calendar||乙亥年 (Wood Pig)|
2832 or 2772
— to —
丙子年 (Fire Rat)
2833 or 2773
|Coptic calendar||−148 – −147|
|- Vikram Samvat||192–193|
|- Shaka Samvat||57–58|
|- Kali Yuga||3236–3237|
|Iranian calendar||486 BP – 485 BP|
|Islamic calendar||501 BH – 500 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1776 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||447/448 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||678–679|
262 or −119 or −891
— to —
263 or −118 or −890
- The war against the Suebi begins (they will be defeated by Tiberius Haterius Nepos Atinas, Roman governor of Pannonia, in 138).
- Emperor Hadrian chases the Jews from Galilee and receives a triumphal arch near Scythopolis.
- The Roman province of Iudaea (plus Galilee) becomes Syria Palaestina, the name Palestine as a designation for this land was used since at least 5th century BC (mentioned by Herodotus).
- Hadrian dictates his memoirs at his villa near Tivoli (Tibur) outside Rome.
- Hadrian uncovers a new conspiracy among certain senators. He adopts Lucius Aelius as his heir.
- First year of Yonghe era of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2020)