This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Year 382 (CCCLXXXII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Antonius and Syagrius (or, less frequently, year 1135 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 382 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||1135|
|Balinese saka calendar||303–304|
|Chinese calendar||辛巳年 (Metal Snake)|
3078 or 3018
— to —
壬午年 (Water Horse)
3079 or 3019
|- Vikram Samvat||438–439|
|- Shaka Samvat||303–304|
|- Kali Yuga||3482–3483|
|Iranian calendar||240 BP – 239 BP|
|Islamic calendar||247 BH – 246 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1530 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||693/694 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||924–925|
508 or 127 or −645
— to —
509 or 128 or −644
- October 3 – Emperor Theodosius I commands his general Saturninus to conclude a peace treaty with the Visigoths, allowing them to settle south of the Danube. They are installed as foederati in Moesia and Thrace with the title of "Allies of the Roman People", in exchange for furnishing a contingent of auxiliary troops to defend the borders.
- Emperor Gratian refuses the divine attributes of the Imperial cult and removes the Altar of Victory from the Senate.
- The Council of Rome establishes Biblical canon in the Catholic Church. Pope Damasus I commissions a revision of the Vetus Latina, eventually resulting in the Vulgate of Jerome.
- The same council adopts Trinitarianism as doctrine, condemning Apollinarism. Theodosius I orders the death of members of the Manichaean monks.
- The first sermons declaring the virginity of Mary are given by John Chrysostom.