Year 314 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Libo and Longus (or, less frequently, year 440 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 314 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Gregorian calendar||314 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||440|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXXIII dynasty, 10|
|- Pharaoh||Ptolemy I Soter, 10|
|Ancient Greek era||116th Olympiad, year 3|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙午年 (Fire Horse)|
2383 or 2323
— to —
丁未年 (Fire Goat)
2384 or 2324
|Coptic calendar||−597 – −596|
|Ethiopian calendar||−321 – −320|
|- Vikram Samvat||−257 – −256|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2787–2788|
|Iranian calendar||935 BP – 934 BP|
|Islamic calendar||964 BH – 963 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2225 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||229–230|
−187 or −568 or −1340
— to —
−186 or −567 or −1339
- Aristodemus of Miletus convinces the common assembly of the Aetolians to support Antigonus
- Alexander (son of Polyperchon) is killed by Alexion of Sicyon. His wife Cratesipolis assumes power and holds the army together
- Antigonus, the ruler of the Asian parts of the late Alexander the Great's empire, faces a coalition consisting of Cassander, the Macedonian regent; Lysimachus, the satrap of Thrace; and Ptolemy, the satrap of Egypt, who have taken the side of the ousted satrap of Babylon, Seleucus.
- Antigonus does not trust Peithon's growing power. So Antigonus tricks Peithon to come to his court, where Antigonus has him executed.
- Antigonus invades Syria, then under Ptolemy's control, and besieges and captures Tyre. Antigonus then occupies Syria, proclaiming himself regent.
- As Cassander fights to retain control over central Greece, Antigonus promises freedom to the Greek cities in a bid to gain support from them against Cassander.
- The Aetolians enter into an alliance with Antigonus, and the League of the Islanders is established under Antigonus' hegemony. Cassander marches against them with his allies Lysimachus, Ptolemy and Seleucus and destroys the city of Agrinio
- Success seems to be going the Samnites' way in their ongoing battles against the Romans. Campania is on the verge of deserting Rome. Peace is established between Rome and some Samnite towns.
- Zhou Nan Wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- The city of Guilin is founded by the Qin Dynasty.