Year 26BC was either a common year starting on Tuesday or Wednesday or a leap year starting on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar (the sources differ, see leap year error for further information) and a common year starting on Monday of the Proleptic Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Taurus (or, less frequently, year 728 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 26 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Gregorian calendar||26 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||728|
|Ancient Greek era||188th Olympiad, year 3|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)|
2671 or 2611
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
2672 or 2612
|Coptic calendar||−309 – −308|
|Ethiopian calendar||−33 – −32|
|- Vikram Samvat||31–32|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3075–3076|
|Iranian calendar||647 BP – 646 BP|
|Islamic calendar||667 BH – 666 BH|
|Julian calendar||26 BC|
|Minguo calendar||1937 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||286/287 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||517–518|
101 or −280 or −1052
— to —
102 or −279 or −1051
- Imperator Caesar Augustus becomes Roman Consul for the eighth time. His partner Titus Statilius Taurus becomes Consul for the second time and refounds the old Contestanian Iberian capital of Ilici (Elche), known since then as "Colonia Iulia Ilici Augusta".
- Cleopatra Selene marries Juba II of Numidia, and as a wedding present Augustus makes her the queen of Mauretania in her own right.
- Disastrous campaign of Aelius Gallus in the Arabian Peninsula, then known as "Arabia Felix".
- Tiridates II invades Parthia and issues coins dated from March and May, 26 BC.
- Gavius Silo, orator, is heard by Caesar Augustus - mentioned by Seneca.
- Augustus starts campaign against the Cantabrians in northern Hispania. He leads an army (8 legions) and consolidates the north-eastern region.
- Dioteimus Alaieus is one of the Archons of Athens.