2020 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament
The 2020 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament is a planned single-elimination tournament of 68 teams to determine the men's National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I college basketball national champion for the 2019–20 season. The 82nd annual edition of the Tournament is scheduled to begin on March 17, 2020 and will conclude with the championship game on April 6 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
|2020 NCAA Division I|
Men's Basketball Tournament
|Finals site||Mercedes-Benz Stadium|
Pending any changes to the current format, a total of 68 teams will enter the 2020 tournament. 32 automatic bids shall be awarded to each program that wins their conference's tournament. The remaining 36 bids are "at-large", with selections extended by the NCAA Selection Committee.
Eight teams (the four lowest-seeded automatic qualifiers and the four lowest-seeded at-large teams) will play in the First Four (the successor to what had been popularly known as "play-in games" through the 2010 tournament). The winners of these games advance to the main draw of the tournament.
The Selection Committee will also seed the entire field from 1 to 68.
2020 NCAA Tournament schedule and venuesEdit
The following are the sites selected to host each round of the 2020 tournament:
First and Second Rounds
- March 19 and 21
- March 20 and 22
- Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina (Host: Atlantic Coast Conference)
- CHI Health Center Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska (Host: Creighton University)
- Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, California (Host: Sacramento State University)
- Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland, Ohio (Host: Mid-American Conference/Cleveland State University)
Regional Semifinals and Finals (Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight)
- March 26 and 28
- March 27 and 29
National Semifinals and Championship (Final Four and Championship)
- First Four - TruTV
- First and Second Rounds - CBS, TBS, TNT, and TruTV
- Regional Semifinals and Final (Sweet Sixteen & Elite Eight) - CBS and TBS
- National Semifinals (Final Four) and Championship - TBS
- "Future Division I Men's Basketball Championship sites". NCAA. 21 April 2017.