This article needs additional citations for verification
. (October 2012)
The year 1990 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- Caruso St John architectural practice established in the U.K. by Adam Caruso and Peter St John.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- Atatürk Dam in Turkey is completed
- Scotia Tower (Montreal) in Montreal, Canada
- Bank of China Tower, Hong Kong, designed by I. M. Pei, is completed and becomes the tallest building in the British Commonwealth (1990-1992).
- Messeturm in Frankfurt, is completed and becomes the tallest building in the European Union (1990-1997).
- U.S. Bank Tower in Los Angeles, designed by architectural firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, is completed.
- Two Prudential Plaza in Chicago is completed.
- Scripps Center in Cincinnati is completed.
- Basilica of Our Lady of Peace of Yamoussoukro in Ivory Coast, designed by Pierre Fakhoury, is consecrated as one of the world's largest churches.
- The Round Building at Hathersage in the Peak District of England, for David Mellor (cutler), designed by Michael Hopkins, is built.
- Construction of the Washington National Cathedral is completed.