The 1960 USAC Championship Car season consisted of 12 races, beginning in Trenton, New Jersey on April 10 and concluding in Phoenix, Arizona on November 20. There were also two non-championship events at Langhorne, Pennsylvania, and Pikes Peak, Colorado. This was the final year that the Indianapolis 500 was a part of the Formula One World Championship. The USAC National Champion was A. J. Foyt and the Indianapolis 500 winner was Jim Rathmann. Three time USAC/AAA National Champion (1954, 1956, 1957), and 1958 Indianapolis 500 winner Jimmy Bryan, was killed in an accident during the Langhorne 100 at Langhorne Speedway; he was 34 years old.
|1960 USAC Championship Car season|
|USAC National Championship Trail|
|Start date||April 10|
|End date||November 20|
|National champion||A. J. Foyt|
|Indianapolis 500 winner||Jim Rathmann|
Schedule and resultsEdit
- ^A Indianapolis 500 was USAC-sanctioned and counted towards the 1960 FIA World Championship of Drivers title.
- ^B No pole is awarded for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, in this schedule on the pole is the driver who started first. No lap led was awarded for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, however, a lap was awarded to the drivers that completed the climb.
Final points standingsEdit
- Åberg, Andreas. "USAC National Championship 1960". Driver Database. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- "1960 USAC National Championship Trail". ChampCarStats.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- http://media.indycar.com/pdf/2011/IICS_2011_Historical_Record_Book_INT6.pdf (p. 274-275)