1908 International Lawn Tennis Challenge
The 1908 International Lawn Tennis Challenge was the eighth edition of what is now known as the Davis Cup. For the first time, ties were held in different countries and at different times, rather than the all the matches being played in the same venue, as before. It also marked the first time that a tie was played in Australia.
|Duration||17 September – 30 November|
After Australasia's victory in 1907, the United States and the British Isles tried to re-claim the cup, however the Australasia team prevailed again. The final was played at the Albert Ground in Melbourne, Australia on 27–30 November.
United States vs. British Isles
|Longwood Cricket Club, Boston, MA, United States 
17–19 September 1908 
Australasia vs. United States
|Albert Ground, Melbourne, Australia 
27–30 November 1908
- "1908 International Lawn Tennis Challenge". daviscup.com.
- "United States v British Isles". daviscup.com.
- "American Tennis Team Beats Britons; Wright and Alexander Will Challenge Australian Defenders of Davis Cup in International Match Larned Beats Ritchie and Wright Vanquishes Parke in Matches on Longwood Courts" (PDF). The New York Times. 1907-07-20. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Adds Interest in Tennis Contests. Strength of the English Players is Feature of Boston Matches". The Day. 1908-09-18. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Australasia v United States". daviscup.com.