|1780s . 1790s in archaeology . 1800|
|Other events: 1790s . Archaeology timeline|
- April 15 – Winged Victory of Samothrace found at Samothrace by Charles Champoiseau. Made c.190 BC, it is now in the Musée du Louvre, Paris.
- April 20 – Augustus of Prima Porta in the Villa of Livia at Prima Porta, near Rome.
- Nydam Boats found in Denmark by Conrad Engelhardt.
- Early human jawbone found in proximity to flint tools at Moulin Quignon in France by Jacques Boucher de Crèvecœur de Perthes, subsequently considered a hoax perpetrated by one of his diggers.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
See also edit
- Harrison, W. J. (2004). "Christy, Henry (1810–1865)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/5375. Retrieved 2011-05-05. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Boylan, Henry (1998). A Dictionary of Irish Biography (3rd ed.). Dublin: Gill and Macmillan. p. 129. ISBN 0-7171-2945-4.
- Uldum, Otto. "The Nydam Ships". NAVIS I. Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-09-23.