This article needs additional citations for verification
. (November 2012)
The year 1842 in architecture involved some significant events.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- March 28 – The Teatr Skarbkowski in Lviv (Ukraine), designed by Jan Salzmann and Ludwig Pichl, opens.
- October 18 – The Walhalla memorial in Bavaria, designed by Leo von Klenze, is inaugurated.
- Treasury Building (Washington, D.C.), designed by Robert Mills, central and east wings completed,
- Construction of Berry Hill, near Halifax, Virginia starts.
- Iglesia de la Matriz, Valparaíso, Chile, completed.
- Kawaiahaʻo Church, Honolulu, Hawaii, designed by Rev. Hiram Bingham, completed.
- St Mary's Church, Wreay, Cumberland, England, designed by Sara Losh, consecrated.
- Ak Mosque, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, completed.
- Circular church of the Holy Sepulchre, Cambridge, England, restored by Anthony Salvin.
- Cologne Cathedral construction work is recommenced after 400 years by the Central-Dombauverein zu Köln (Central Cathedral Building Society).