The year 1832 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- Church of Our Saviour, Qaqortoq, Greenland.
- Cutlers' Hall, Sheffield, England, designed by Samuel Worth and Benjamin Broomhead Taylor.
- Drapers' Hall, Coventry, England, designed by Thomas Rickman.
- Surgeons' Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland, designed by William Henry Playfair.
- Replacement Old City Gaol, Bristol, England, designed by Richard Shackleton Pope.
- Osgoode Hall, Toronto for The Law Society of Upper Canada, designed by John Ewart and W. W. Baldwin.
- Royal City of Dublin Hospital, Ireland, designed by Albert E. Murray.
- Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, Gibraltar.
- Hill's Academy, Essex, Connecticut.
- Maderup Mølle, Funen, Denmark (now in The Funen Village)
- Théâtre des Folies-Dramatiques, Paris.
- The Mount, Sheffield, England (residential terrace), designed by William Flockton.
- Staines Bridge (across the River Thames in England), designed by George Rennie.
- Marlow Bridge (suspension, across the River Thames in England), designed by William Tierney Clark.
- Bridge Real Ferdinando sul Garigliano (suspension, in the Kingdom of Naples), designed by Luigi Giura.
- George IV Bridge in Edinburgh, designed by Thomas Hamilton.
- Church of St Dunstan-in-the-West, Fleet Street, London, completed after the death in July of its designer John Shaw, Sr. by his son, John Shaw, Jr.
- Stirling New Bridge in Scotland, designed by Robert Stevenson, completed.
- ^ Colfer, Billy, Wexford: A Town and its Landscape (Irish Rural Landscape Series), Cork, Cork University Press, 2008. ISBN 978-1-85918-429-5
- ^ "Maderup Mølle". moellearkivet.dk. Archived from the original on 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- ^ "Stirling, Causewayhead Road, New Bridge". Canmore. Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. 2007. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- ^ Anthony Cross, ‘Hastie, William (1754/5–1832)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, Oct 2009 accessed 28 Nov 2013