The year 1845 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- Trafalgar Square in London, designed by Charles Barry and John Nash is completed.
- Government House, Sydney in Australia, designed by Edward Blore, is completed and first occupied.
- Tolbooth Kirk, Edinburgh, designed by James Gillespie Graham and Augustus Pugin, is completed as a church and General Assembly hall (Victoria Hall) for the Church of Scotland.
- New St Mary and St Nicholas parish church in Wilton, Wiltshire, England, designed by Thomas Henry Wyatt and David Brandon, is completed at about this date.
- Praha Masarykovo nádraží, the first railway station in Prague, designed by Antonín Jüngling, is completed.
- Cambridge railway station in England is opened.
- Oundle and Wansford railway stations on Northampton and Peterborough Railway in England, designed by John William Livock, opened.