This article does not cite any sources
. (December 2009)
The year 1831 in architecture involved some significant events.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- The Bridge of Sighs, St John's College, Cambridge, England, designed by Henry Hutchinson, is completed.
- The Dugald Stewart Monument in Edinburgh, Scotland, designed by W. H. Playfair, is completed.
- The Burns Monument, Edinburgh, is designed by Thomas Hamilton.
- North Church in Aberdeen, Scotland, designed by John Smith, is opened.
- Goodrich Court in Herefordshire, England, designed by Edward Blore, is completed.
- The Pedrocchi Café in Padua, Italy is completed.
- Waterloo Chamber at Windsor Castle in England, designed by Jeffry Wyatville, is constructed.
- December 8 – James Hoban, Irish architect working in the United States (born 1762)