The year 1779 in architecture involved some significant events.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- St Paul's Square, Birmingham, England.
- South façade of Stowe House, England, completed in the neoclassical style based on a design by Robert Adam.
- Robert Adam completes his remodelling of Kenwood House on Hampstead Heath, London.
- New Church of Ireland Christ Church Cathedral, Waterford, designed by John Roberts, completed.
- Fridericianum in Kassel (Hesse), designed by Simon Louis du Ry, completed.
- Royal Saltworks at Arc-et-Senans, designed by Claude Nicolas Ledoux, completed.
- The Piece Hall in Halifax, West Yorkshire, opened 1 January 1779, Grade 1 listed Cloth Hall.