This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Year 175 (CLXXV) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Piso and Iulianus (or, less frequently, year 928 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 175 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||928|
|Balinese saka calendar||96–97|
|Chinese calendar||甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)|
2871 or 2811
— to —
乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
2872 or 2812
|Coptic calendar||−109 – −108|
|- Vikram Samvat||231–232|
|- Shaka Samvat||96–97|
|- Kali Yuga||3275–3276|
|Iranian calendar||447 BP – 446 BP|
|Islamic calendar||461 BH – 460 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1737 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||486/487 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||717–718|
301 or −80 or −852
— to —
302 or −79 or −851
- Marcus Aurelius suppresses a revolt of Avidius Cassius, governor of Syria, after the latter proclaims himself emperor.
- Avidius Cassius fails in seeking support for his rebellion and is assassinated by Roman officers. They send his head to Aurelius, who persuades the Senate to pardon Cassius's family.
- Commodus, son of Marcus Aurelius and his wife Faustina, is named Caesar.
- M. Sattonius Iucundus, decurio in Colonia Ulpia Traiana, restores the Thermae of Coriovallum (modern Heerlen ) there are sources that state this happened in the 3rd century.
- Confucian scholars try to ensure their capacity in the royal court of China. They are massacred by the eunuchs.