1679 in music
The year 1679 in music involved some significant events.
Published popular musicEdit
- Johann Valentin Meder – Ach Herr strafe mich nicht
- Henry Purcell
- O God the King of Glory, Z.34
- O Lord Our Governor, Z.39
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier
- 2 menuets pour les flûtes allemandes, H.541
- Caprise, H.542
- Johann Pachelbel's earliest datable works were composed for the 1679 Erbhuldigung at Erfurt. The works in question are two arias, So ist denn dies der Tag and So ist denn nur die Treu.
- Choral music is composed by the Valladolid chapel-master Miguel Gomez Camargo (1654–1690).
- January 5 – Pietro Filippo Scarlatti, organist, choirmaster and composer (died 1750)
- February 14 – Georg Friedrich Kauffmann, composer (died 1735)
- May 4 – Johann Georg Mozart, grandfather of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (died 1736)
- October 11 – Christian Vater, organ and harpsichord builder (died 1756)
- October 16 – Jan Dismas Zelenka, composer (died 1745)
- December 24 – Domenico Sarro, composer (died 1744)
- date unknown – Balthasar Siberer, organ teacher (died 1757)