This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)
This article contains information about the literary events and publications of 1565.
New books edit
- Giovanni Battista Giraldi – Hecatommithi
- Pierre Pithou – Adversariorum subsectorum lib. II
- Camillo Porzio – La Congiura dei baroni
- John Stow – Summarie of Englyshe Chronicles
- Bernardino Telesio – De natura juxta propria principia (On the Nature of Things according to their Own Principles)
- Joseph Karo – Shulchan Aruch (Code of Jewish Law)
- Jean-Antoine de Baïf – L'Eunuque
- See 1565 in poetry
- March 17 – Alexander Ales, Scottish theologian (born 1500)
- March – Lope de Rueda, Spanish dramatist (born c. 1510)
- May 14 – Nicolaus von Amsdorf, German theologian (born 1483)
- August 27 – William Rastell, English printer (born 1508)
- October 7 – Johannes Mathesius, German theologian (born 1504)
- October 22 – Jean Grolier de Servières, French bibliophile (born 1479)
- December 13 – Conrad Gessner, Swiss naturalist and bibliographer (born 1516)
- Unknown dates
- James D. Henderson; Alexander C. Henderson; Helen Delpar (2000). A Reference Guide to Latin American History. M.E. Sharpe. p. 94. ISBN 978-1-56324-744-6.
- C. P. Brand; Charles Peter Brand (2 January 1965). Torquato Tasso: A Study of the Poet and of His Contribution to English Literature. Cambridge University Press. p. 11. ISBN 978-0-521-04311-3.
- Italy. Ministero per i beni e le attività culturali; Italy. Ufficio centrale per i beni librari e gli istituti culturali (2002). Archivi di biblioteche: per la storia delle biblioteche pubbliche statali. Ed. di Storia e Letteratura. p. 245. ISBN 978-88-8498-013-7.
- Green, Adam (15 March 2018). "The Drolatic Dreams of Pantagruel (1565)". The Public Domain Review. Retrieved 13 May 2022.