13th ALMA Awards
The 13th ALMA Awards honors the accomplishments made by Hispanics in film, television, and music in 2011. The awards were taped on September 16, 2012 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium for broadcast on NBC on September 21, 2012. The show was co-hosted by Eva Longoria and George Lopez, marking their third consecutive year as hosts. The awards ceremony was sponsored by the National Council of La Raza.
|13th ALMA Awards|
|Date||September 16, 2012 (taping)|
September 21, 2012 (airing)
|Site||Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Pasadena, California|
|Hosted by||Eva Longoria and George Lopez|
Jennifer Lopez had nominations in all three media formats: Favorite Movie Actress Comedy/Musical; Favorite TV Reality, Variety, or Comedy Personality or Act; and Favorite Female Music Artist. Naya Rivera won both of her nominations: Favorite Female Music Artist and Favorite TV Actress Comedy. The film Savages had four overall nominations in the Favorite Acting categories, while the films The Way and Cristiada (For Greater Glory) had three overall nominations, including Favorite Movie, which was won by triple-nominee Girl in Progress.
Winners and nomineesEdit
The following is a list of the 65 nominees from film, television, and music. Winners are listed first and highlighted in bold:
- Henry Darrow received the Ricardo Montalban Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Cheech Marin received an award for Outstanding Career Achievement.
- Christina Aguilera was given a Special Achievement Award for her career and philanthropic work.
|Favorite Movie||Favorite Movie Actor|
|Favorite Movie Actress Drama/Adventure||Favorite Movie Actress Comedy/Musical|
|Favorite Movie Actor Supporting Role||Favorite Movie Actress Supporting Role|
|Favorite TV Reality, Variety, or Comedy Personality or Act||Favorite TV Actor|
|Favorite TV Actress Drama||Favorite TV Actress Comedy|
|Favorite TV Actor Supporting Role in a Drama||Favorite TV Actor Supporting Role in a Comedy|
|Favorite TV Actress Supporting Role|
|Favorite Male Music Artist||Favorite Female Music Artist|
Televised ceremony ratingsEdit
- Gratereaux, Alexandra (July 10, 2012). "2012 NCLR/ ALMA Awards Nominees Include Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull & Selena Gomez". Fox News Channel. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "NCLR ALMA AWARDS RECIPIENTS". almaawards.com. July 2012. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Veteran Actor Henry Darrow Honored at ALMA Awards and Gene Autry Museum This Weekend". latinheat.com. September 14, 2012. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- Reynoso, Naibe (September 17, 2012). "Alma Awards: A Touch of Music, Politics and Olympic Gold". Fox News Channel. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 24, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Shark Tank', 'America's Next Top Model', '20/20' or 'Alma Awards'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 25, 2012.