1000s BC (decade)
The 1000s BC is a decade which lasted from 1009 BC to 1000 BC.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- 1006 BC—David becomes king of the ancient United Kingdom of Israel (traditional date).
- Earliest evidence of farming in the Kenya highlands.
- c. 1000 BC—Iron Age starts.
- c. 1000 BC—The United Kingdom of Israel reaches its largest size, it is Israel's golden age.
- c. 1000 BC—Nok culture in Nigeria.
- c. 1000 BC—Latins come to Italy from the Danube region.
- c. 1000 BC—Archaeological evidence obtained from inscriptions excavated in 2005 dates the Proto-Dravidian language, a classical language spoken in India.
- c. 1000 BC—Assyrians started to conquer neighbouring regions.
- 1000 BC—World population: 50,000,000
- 1000 BC—Priene, Western Anatolia is founded.
- c. 1000 BC—Hungarian separates from its closest linguistic relatives, the Ob-Ugric languages.
- c. 1000 BC—Saul.
- c. 1000 BC—Ancient Iranian peoples enter Persia.
- c. 1000 BC—Villanovans occupy the northern and western Italy.
- c. 1000 BC—Phoenician alphabet is invented.
- c. 1000 BC—Rice is cultivated in Ancient Japan.
- 1000 BC—Early Horizon period starts in the Andes.
- c. 1000 BC—Chavin culture starts in the Andes.
- c. 1000 BC—Paracas culture starts in the Andes.
- c. 1000 BC—Historical beginning of the peoples we later know as Illyrians
- c. 1000 BC—Rough carbon-14 dating of the Cherchen Man.
- an average of figures from different sources as listed at the US Census Bureau's Historical Estimates of World Population Archived 2013-10-13 at the Wayback Machine
- The Illyrians (The Peoples of Europe) by John Wilkes, ISBN 0-631-19807-5, 1996, p. 39: "... the other hand, the beginnings of the Iron Age around 1000 BC is held to coincide with the formation of the historical Illyrian peoples. ..."