Četirce (Macedonian: Четирце) is a village in northeastern North Macedonia, in the municipality of Kumanovo. According to the 2002 census, it had 249 inhabitants.

Četirce is located in North Macedonia
Location within North Macedonia
Coordinates: 42°12′56″N 21°45′46″E / 42.21556°N 21.76278°E / 42.21556; 21.76278Coordinates: 42°12′56″N 21°45′46″E / 42.21556°N 21.76278°E / 42.21556; 21.76278
Country North Macedonia
RegionLogo of Northeastern Region, North Macedonia.svg Northeastern
MunicipalityCoat of arms of Kumanovo Municipality.svg Kumanovo
566 m (1,857 ft)
 • Total249
Time zoneUTC+1 (CET)
 • Summer (DST)UTC+2 (CEST)
Postal code
Car platesKU


The village is located in northernmost North Macedonia, close to the Serbian border (5 kilometres). To the nearest city, it is 10 kilometres north of Kumanovo. Četirce is situated in the historical region of Žegligovo, in the highland, on ca. 570 m above sea. Northeast of the village is the Rujen mountain.

The cadastral area of Četirce borders Gorno Konjare to the south, Tabanovce to the west, Karabičane to the northwest, Suševo to the north, and Nikuljane to the east (in Staro Nagoričane).


In the 19th century, it was part of the Ottoman kaza of Kumanovo. The village supported the Kumanovo Uprising (January 20–May 20, 1878).

In 1905, the village was divided between Serb Patriarchists (276 individuals) and Bulgarian Exarchists (224 individuals). It had 500 inhabitants and two schools, one Bulgarian and one Serbian.[1]


According to the 2002 census, it had 249 inhabitants, the majority of whom declared as Serbs (86%), the rest as Macedonians (14%).[2] The families are Eastern Orthodox Christian.


  1. ^ D. M. Brancoff (1905). La Macédoine et sa Population Chrétienne. Paris. pp. 128–129.
  2. ^ "Macedonian census" (PDF). 2002: 179. {{cite journal}}: Cite journal requires |journal= (help)

External linksEdit