ZoomInfo Technologies Inc. is an American subscription-based software as a service (SaaS) company based in Vancouver, Washington that sells access to its database of information about business people and companies to sales, marketing and recruiting professionals.
|Industry||Software as a Service|
|Founder||Henry Schuck, Kirk Brown|
|Revenue||$476 million (2020)|
Number of employees
ZoomInfo was originally founded as DiscoverOrg in 2007 by Henry Schuck and Kirk Brown. It operated as DiscoverOrg until February 2019, when it acquired its competitor Zoom Information, Inc. and subsequently rebranded as ZoomInfo. Zoom Information was originally established in 2000 as Eliyon Technologies by founders Yonatan Stern and Michel Decary, and in August 2017 was acquired by Great Hill Partners, a private equity firm, for $240 million in cash. The company acquired RainKing in 2017 and NeverBounce in 2018, and, following the rebrand, Komiko in 2019 and both Clickagy and EverString Technology in 2020.
In June 2020, ZoomInfo became a publicly traded company on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ZI.”
Services and solutionsEdit
ZoomInfo is a go-to-market intelligence platform for B2B sales and marketing teams. The integrated cloud-based platform provides sellers and marketers with comprehensive information to help them find potential new customers.
ZoomInfo's data is maintained by a machine learning and artificial intelligence engine that pulls from millions of unique sources. The engine makes decisions about which data is accurate enough to publish on the ZoomInfo platform. ZoomInfo's data updates in real time, whenever a company's attributes change, like hiring new employees, changing technologies, launching new products, and opening new locations.
In February 2019, DiscoverOrg announced that it had acquired ZoomInfo for $500 million+ . As part of the acquisition DiscoverOrg's CEO Henry Schuck, CFO Cameron Hyzer, and Chief Revenue Officer Chris Hays took on the same roles at the combined entity. On September 10, 2019, ZoomInfo was rebranded to ZoomInfo powered by DiscoverOrg.
ZoomInfo became a publicly traded company on 4 June 2020, issuing 44.5 million shares on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ZI.” Its lead underwriters included JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley, while investors included Fidelity, BlackRock, and Dragoneer.
ZoomInfo's corporate headquarters are located in Vancouver, Washington. It also has offices in Waltham, Massachusetts; Bellevue, Washington; Bethesda, Maryland; Conshohocken, Pennsylvania; Grand Rapids, Michigan; and Ra’anana, Israel.
- "ZoomInfo Announces Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2020 Financial Results" (Press release). Vancouver, Washington. Business Wire. February 22, 2021.
- "LinkedIn". Zoom Information, Inc. 19 May 2020.
- "DiscoverOrg Acquires NeverBounce". DiscoverOrg. 5 March 2019.
- "ZoomInfo's Acquisition of Datanyze Enables Real-Time Delivery of Technographic Data". Business Wire. 26 September 2018.
- "ZoomInfo IPO: What You Need To Know". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- ERE. New President Expected at ZoomInfo
- "DiscoverOrg acquires ZoomInfo to strengthen sales and marketing contact database offering". GeekWire. February 5, 2019. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "Henry Schuck - Business Profile". ZoomInfo. August 27, 2019. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- "B2B data platform ZoomInfo was acquired by private equity firm Great Hill Partners for $240 million". VentureBeat. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- "ZoomInfo S-1". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- "ZoomInfo Announces Pricing of its Initial Public Offering". www.nasdaq.com. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- Bharadwaj, Aravind (2020-06-15). "ZoomInfo IPO: Capitalize On The Changing Tides Of B2B Sales (NASDAQ:ZI)". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
- "ZoomInfo CEO Henry Schuck on the company's business model and IPO". Youtube. Retrieved June 24, 2020.
- "ZoomInfo Announces Pricing of its Initial Public Offering". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
- "DiscoverOrg acquires ZoomInfo to strengthen sales and marketing contact database offering". GeekWire. 2019-02-05. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "DiscoverOrg and ZoomInfo Merge Brands to Launch Innovative B2B Data Platform To Power Go-To-Market Success". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "ZoomInfo Announces Pricing of its Initial Public Offering". Nasdaq. Retrieved June 23, 2020.
- Macuk, Anthony. "ZoomInfo files for IPO, seeks up to $500 million". The Columbian. Retrieved June 23, 2020.
- Official website
- Business data for ZoomInfo Technologies Inc.:
- O'Brien, Kelly J. (August 17, 2017). How ZoomInfo's CEO sold three companies for $431M over 24 years. Boston Business Journal.