This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article does not cite any sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Zazi (Pashto: ځاځی; plur. ځاځي), also spelled Zazai, or Jaji, is a Karlani Pashtun tribe. They are found in Paktia and Khost provinces in the Loya Paktia region of southeastern Afghanistan, as well as Kurram Valley of Pakistan, but also have an effective presence in Kabul, Logar, Ghazni, Nangharhar, Kunduz, and Baghlan in Afghanistan.
Ethnicity and geographyEdit
- Aryob Zazi: in Paktia province
- Ahmad Khel : in Paktia province
- Dand Pathan: in Paktia province
- Kabul: in Kabul province
- Maidan Zazi: district in Khost province
- Kwarma (Kurram) Zazi: Kurram Agency in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas
- Qutbuddin Hilal, Deputy Prime Minister of Afghanistan during the period of Mujahideen (Gulbuddin Hekmatyar) and member of Hezbi Islami from Zazi Maidan district.
- Nabi Misdaq, founder of BBC Pashto service.
- Najibullah Zazi (born 1985), Afghan-born man imprisoned in the USA for terrorist offenses; father is Mohammed Wali Zazi.