Yellow Sands (film)
Yellow Sands is a 1938 British comedy drama film directed by Herbert Brenon and starring Marie Tempest, Belle Chrystall, Wilfrid Lawson and Robert Newton. It was based on the 1926 play Yellow Sands by Adelaide and Eden Philpotts.
|Directed by||Herbert Brenon|
|Written by||Rodney Ackland|
|Based on||Yellow Sands (play) by Adelaide Phillpotts|
The film is a rural comedy about a rich dying woman's relatives that are about to be disappointed by the contents of her will.
- Marie Tempest as Jennifer Varwell
- Belle Chrystall as Lydia Blake
- Wilfrid Lawson as Richard Varwell
- Robert Newton as Joe Varwell
- Patrick Barr as Arthur Varwell
- Amy Veness as Mary Varwell
- Coral Browne as Emma Copplestone
- Drusilla Wills as Minnie Masters
- Muriel Johnston as Nellie Masters
- Edward Rigby as Tom Major