Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2006-11-13/Arbitration report
The Report On Lengthy Litigation
The Arbitration Committee opened one case this week, and closed two cases.
- Ulritz: A case involving the actions of Ulritz and Rex. Rex alleges that Ulritz has engaged in a variety of disruptive behaviour, and shows a strong German nationalist bias. Various other editors allege that Rex has also engaged in a certain amount of disruption, and shows a certain Dutch nationalist bias. As a result of the case, Ulritz and Rex Germanus were placed on revert parole and probation for one year.
- Vivaldi: A case involving the actions of Vivaldi on Jack Hyles and related articles. Arbustoo alleges that Vivaldi has removed "cited criticism" from the article, as well as harassment, incivility and edit warring. However, an anon IP, 18.104.22.168 accuses Arbustoo of removing comments from AfDs. As a result of the case, various articles edited by Vivaldi and Arbustoo were placed on article probation, with the intention of removing poorly sourced material, and both contributors were warned against edit-warring.
- Hkelkar: A case involving the actions of Hkelkar, a probable sockpuppet of Subhase bose, on various articles.
- Protecting children's privacy: A case involving a policy proposal on the Wikipedia:Protecting children's privacy page. The committee is being asked to make a ruling as to the consensus requirements for the adoption of new policy. Fred Bauder has proposed remedies establishing the right of children to edit on Wikipedia if they do not disclose their age, but that if they do the information should be deleted.
- Non-Notability: A case regarding actions on Wikipedia:Non-notability (not to be confused with Wikipedia:Notability). Fred Bauder has proposed a remedy allowing Fresheneesz to be placed on probation if he "continues to disrupt policy pages".
- Bowling for Columbine: A case involving the actions of Schrodinger82 and others on the Bowling for Columbine article, and in particular his disputed removal of some criticism of the film. Fred Bauder has proposed a remedy, supported by Dmcdevit, banning him from the article for one year.
- Pseudoscience: A case involving the actions of ScienceApologist, Ian Tresman and others, involving the insertion and removal of so-called "pseudoscience" on various articles. Fred Bauder has proposed various remedies, most of which were opposed by Dmcdevit and Charles Matthews, but among those supported or not yet voted on are remedies placing Tommysun on probation, and banning Elerner from various articles.
- Jean-Thierry Boisseau: A case involving the actions of Jean-Thierry Boisseau on List of major opera composers. Various users accuse him of "a course of bullying, personal attacks, and generally making things awful for all contributors". He strenuously denies the allegations. Remedies have been proposed banning Boisseau and others attributed with Musik Fabrik from editing articles relating to their work, and placing Boisseau on probation and civility parole.
- Rachel Marsden: A case involving the actions of Arthur Ellis, Rachel Marsden, Bucketsofg and others on the Rachel Marsden page. Marsden and Ellis allege that the page contains inaccurate and libellous material, and that this has been protected on the page by various admins. In response, others allege that Ellis has engaged in edit warring on the page. Fred Bauder has proposed remedies, mostly supported by Charles Matthews banning Arthur Ellis for one day, permitting articles relating to Rachel Marsden to be stubbified, as well as other measures.