Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/September 1
- 1604 – The Guru Granth Sahib (folio depicted), the religious text of Sikhism, was installed in Harmandir Sahib.
- 1774 – Under orders from royal governor Thomas Gage, British soldiers removed gunpowder from a magazine in the Province of Massachusetts Bay, causing Patriots to prepare for war.
- 1902 – The first science fiction film, titled A Trip to the Moon and based on From the Earth to the Moon by Jules Verne, was released in France.
- 1967 – At the Arab League summit, eight nations issued the Khartoum Resolution, declaring "no peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, [and] no negotiations with it".
- 2019 – Hurricane Dorian, the most powerful Atlantic hurricane on record outside of the tropics, made landfall in the Bahamas at Category 5 intensity.