Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/June 25
- 1658 – Anglo-Spanish War: The largest battle ever fought on Jamaica, the three-day Battle of Rio Nuevo, began.
- 1910 – The United States Congress passed the Mann Act, which prohibited the interstate transport of females for "immoral purposes".
- 1940 – Second World War: Operation Aerial, an evacuation of nearly 200,000 Allied soldiers (pictured) from French ports, was completed.
- 1960 – Two cryptographers working for the U.S. National Security Agency left on vacation to Mexico, and proceeded to defect to the Soviet Union.
- 2006 – Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit was captured in a cross-border raid near the Kerem Shalom crossing with the Gaza Strip, and held hostage by Hamas until 2011.