|January 2022 +/-|
|Campo de Cahuenga||January 8, 2022|
|UK virtual 8||January 20, 2022|
|San Diego 80||January 22, 2022|
|BLT||January 23, 2022|
|South Africa 14||January 29, 2022
|February 2022 +/-|
|Boulder||February 8, 2022|
|Denver||February 8, 2022|
|South Africa 15||February 26, 2022|
|Full Meetup Calendar • Events calendar on Meta|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
Everyone is cordially invited to attend a commemoration meetup, along with a few bronies, on the Saturday before the 175th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Cahuenga at Campo de Cahuenga, which ended the California Campaign of the Mexican-American War. This event is a follow-up to a staff ride which occurred during the previous month, which commemorated the 175th anniversary of the Battle of San Pasqual. This is a meetup hosted by San Diego Wikimedians User Group within the geographic scope of the Wikimedians of Los Angeles.
- Date: Saturday January 8, 2022
- Start time: 12:00PM PST / 1200
- End Time: 1:00PM PST / 1300
- Locations: Campo de Cahuenga
The recreated adobe structure is located near the intersection of Lankershire Boulevard and Campo de Cahuenga. While there is parking onsite, carpooling is encouraged. The structure is also within walking distance of the Universal City/Studio City station, if one wants to utilize Public Transportation.
The goals of this staff ride are:
- Learn more about the Treaty of Cahuenga, and the Campo de Cahuenga, to help editors understand the event better, in the hope that they will improve the quality of the Wikipedia article of the battle.
- Utilize photography to contribute new files to Wikimedia Commons to potentially be utilized in the article about the treaty and the structure, and associated articles.
- Enhance relations with other organizations within the community which maybe interested in the subject of the California history.