Western Circus is a Lucky Luke comic written by Goscinny and illustrated by Morris. It was originally published in French by Dargaud in the year 1970. English editions of this French series have been published by Dargaud.
|Lucky Luke #36 |
|Date of publication||1970|
|Preceded by||Jesse James (1969)|
|Followed by||Canyon Apache (1971)|
The proprietor of the Western Circus has been modeled after actor W.C. Fields.
Zilch, rich organizer of a great annual rodeo, sees in the arrival of the Western Circus a harmful competition. He hires Rattlesnake Joe, a hit man, to put an end to it. In the end, the villainous Zilch and the kind director of the circus become partners and make a successful tour of Europe.
- Zilch: The owner of the rodeo
- Erasmus Mulligan: Owner of the circus.
- Vanessa Mulligan: the owner's wife, a trapeze artist.
- Daphne Mulligan: daughter of the owner, a knife thrower.
- Zippy Kilroy (Zip): the owner's son-in-law, a clown.
- Andy: An Indian elephant.
- Nestor: A one-eyed lion who is always calm, except when nervous.
- Jules Framboise: French businessman.
- Morris publications in Spirou BDoubliées (in French)