Wen Zengxian (Chinese: 文增显; pinyin: Wén Zēngxiǎn, June 1952–31 January 2020) was a Chinese politician who served as Deputy director-general of the Civil Affairs Department of Hubei Province from 1997 to 2010.
|Deputy director-general of the Civil Affairs Department of Hubei Province|
June 1997 – February 2010
Xinye County, Henan
|Died||31 January 2020 (aged 68)|
|Cause of death||COVID-19 (suspected)|
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
|Alma mater||Wuhan University|
Wen was born in Xinye County, Henan. In April 1972, he started to work at Xiangfan Municipal Propaganda Team. In January 1975, he worked as a clerk at Xiangfan Municipal Bureau of Culture. He joined the Communist Party of China in September 1976.
Wen entered Wuhan University in February 1977, majoring in Chinese Language and Literature. After earning his bachelor's degree in January 1980, he started to work at Politics Division of the Civil Affairs Department of Hubei Province. Later, he served as the President of Hubei Civil Administration School (December 1988–January 1993), Director of the General Office of Hubei Provincial Commerce Department (January 1993–June 1997), then the Deputy director-general of the Civil Affairs Department of Hubei Province (June 1997–February 2010). He was appointed inspector of Civil Affairs Department since February 2010. He was also the President of Hubei Social Organization General Chamber of Commerce.
Wen died on 31 January 2020, his death was suspected of being caused by COVID-19 infection. Many Chinese media (including Sina, Sohu, NetEase and Phoenix Television) had reported his death, however, the news was soon deleted due to the censorship.
- "The former deputy director general of Hubei Civil Affairs Department died of suspected infection of new crown pneumonia". jqknews. 2020-01-31.
- "文增显". Baidu Baike. Retrieved 2020-04-04.[user-generated source]
- "快訊／湖北民政廳前副廳長「疑患肺炎過世」 文增顯享壽68歲" (in Chinese). ETtoday. 2020-01-31.
- "超级环状肺炎病毒导致253人死亡" (in Chinese). 2020-02-02.
- "Erfinder des Gesetzes über Biowaffen: Das Coronavirus ist eine biologische Kriegswaffe – Forscher entdecken neuen Verbreitungsweg(Video)" (in German).
- "湖北民政厅原副厅长文增显疑因感染肺炎去世" (in Chinese). stnn.cc. 2020-01-31.
- "湖北民政厅原副厅长文增显 疑染新型冠状病毒肺炎去世（图）". sydneytoday.com. 2020-01-31.
- "湖北又一官员疑死于肺炎 陆媒报了又删" (in Chinese). Sound of Hope. 2020-01-31.