Welcome to Central Jail
Welcome to Central Jail is a 2016 Indian Malayalam-language comedy film written by Benny P. Nayarambalam and directed by Sundar Das. The cinematography is handled by Alagappan N. The film features Dileep and Vedhika in the lead roles, whereas Renji Panicker, Kailash, Aju Varghese, Siddique, Sudheer Sukumaran, Vinaya Prasad and Thesni Khan portray pivotal roles. The film released on 10 September 2016.
|Welcome to Central Jail|
|Directed by||Sundar Das|
|Produced by||Vyshakh Rajan|
|Screenplay by||Benny P. Nayarambalam|
Nithin P. L.
|Distributed by||Vaishaka Cynyma|
|Box office||₹20.7 crore |
This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2021)
A simpleton Unnikuttan has an unhealthy attachment with central jail. He was born and brought up there with his father Kesavan and mother Janaki before being transferred to child care facility at the age of six. Unni finds solace and happiness inside jail, for getting in he fills in as a substitute for real-life punishments of petty crimes committed by others. Unni, who is in his late 30s, isn't married and many whom he knows advises him to marry someone to be felt loved and not to go to jail as a substitute. In jail he falls in love with Radhika, and to marry her he tries to solve her problems as she witnessed a murder done by a Minister. When he meets Radhika, who is jailed in drug case. She discloses her love to Unnikkuttan but is not now ready because she is awaited by the minister to be killed. She describe all story behind this wrong case against is because that she witnessed the minister murdering Karunan. It is all that the killer is following her to kill her and for her safety her uncle lie to him that she got a job and boarded to Delhi. When she was in her auntie's home, she saw in TV News that in the same case Simon is jailed. Later she decided to handover the video clip, she shot in her video camera. As a sudden action she is now arrested. After many sequences Unnikkuttan marries Radhika.
- Dileep as Unnikkuttan
- Renji Panicker as Gopinath IPS a.k.a Gopi Sir
- Siddique as Keshavan
- Vedhika as Radhika, love interest of Unnikkuttan
- Aju Varghese as Paanji
- Sudheer Sukumaran as Kodanadu Vishwanath
- Mohan Jose as Baburaj
- Sharaf U Dheen as prisoner
- Kalabhavan Haneef as Minister's assistant
- Kochu Preman as Xavier
- Pradeep Kottayam as Shivan
- Kailash as Simon
- Hareesh Perumanna as Swami
- Vinaya Prasad as Janaki
- Thesni Khan as Bhavani
- Veena Nair as Ponnamma
- Kalabhavan Shajohn as Cheriyan
- Sreejith Ravi
- Jubil Rajan P Dev
- Saju Kodiyan as Pushkaran
- Vinod Kedamangalam as Ramesh
- George Aloor as Thorappan Raghavan
- Nazeer Sankranthi as Bhaskaran
- Balachandran Chullikadu as Khader
- Kumarakom Raghunath as Jail Superintendent
- Kottayam Manju as Ladies jail warden
- Nandu Pothuval as Temple committee member
- Chali Pala as Traffic Police
- Shafique Rahman as Neerkkoli
- Jaise Jose as Police officer
- Binu Adimali as Shibu
- Bibin George as Kalari Aashan
- Pauly Valsan as Lady Jailor
- Abu Salim as Prisoner
- Dinesh Panicker as Karunan
- Kalabhavan Rahman as Ministers assistant
- Dharmajan Bolgatty as Sugunan
The film had Sundar Das and Dileep collaborating for the fifth time together, after a gap of 13 years. The filming began on 2 April 2016 in Kochi, most of the parts were shot at Kochi and in the Central Prison, Poojappura in Thiruvananthapuram.
|1||"Police Anu Tharam"||Nadirshah||03:14|
|2||"Achan Iniyoru Naalum"||Adharsh||01:54|
|4||"Enthanu En Manasile"||Madhu Balakrishnan, Jyotsna Radhakrishnan||04:14|
|5||"Sundaree"||Shankar Mahadevan, Renjini Jose||03:59|
|6||"Bye Bye Central Jail"||Samad||04:07|
- James, Anu (6 October 2016). "Kerala box office: Here's collection report of Onam releases Oppam, Oozham, WTCJ, Iru Mugan". International Business Times. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "Dileep teams with Sundar Das for 'Welcome to Central Jail'". Metro Vaartha. 29 August 2015.
- Anu James (17 December 2015). "After King Liar, Dileep will join Welcome to Central Jail team in January". International Business Times.
- James, Anu (2 April 2016). "Shooting of Dileep-Vedhika's 'Welcome to Central Jail' begins in Kochi". International Business Times. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- Sidhardhan, Sanjith (4 April 2016). "Vedhika joins Welcome to Central Jail". Times of India. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "Welcome to Central Jail (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - EP by Nithin P. L., Nadirshah & Berny Ignatius on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- Anu James. "Dileep's 'Welcome to Central Jail' (WTCJ) review: Live audience updates". International Business Times. Retrieved 10 September 2016.