Warrnambool railway station
Station front in September 2008
|Location||Merri Street, Warrnambool|
|Distance||267.30 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||No MYKI. Paper tickets apply.|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||4 February 1890|
4 per weekday to Southern Cross (3 on weekends).|
Trains travelling the other direction terminate here.
Beyond the station, the line continues for a further five kilometres to Dennington, and is used by freight trains. On 26 April 1988, that section officially changed to being worked as a siding, and the train staff previously used for train movements Warrnambool and Dennington was abolished. Beyond Dennington, the line used to continue for a further 37 kilometres to Port Fairy. That section was closed in November 1977.
On 14 July 2008, the siding serving the freight shed at the eastern side of the station was booked out of use and the track was removed. The goods shed itself was demolished in August 2018 due to its poor structural condition.
Platforms & servicesEdit
V/Line operates contracted road coach services from Warrnambool to
- Warrnambool Vicsig
- Warnambool Station Rail Geelong
- Dennington Vicsig
- "Operations". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. July 1988. p. 214.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. September 2008. pp. 278–282.
- Lewis, Ethan (September 2018). "Observations". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. p. 275.
- Warrnambool - Melbourne via Colac Public Transport Victoria
- Warrnambool - Geelong Public Transport Victoria
- Warrnambool - Ballarat Public Transport Victoria
- Warrnambool - Ararat Public Transport Victoria
- Mount Gambier - Warrnambool Public Transport Victoria