Volodymyr Ivanovych Rybak
Volodymyr Rybak (30 November 1971 – c. 17 April 2014) was a Ukrainian politician, representative of the Horlivka city council, kidnapped and then murdered by the pro-Russian militia on 17 April 2014.
Rybak was born in the city of Horlivka in 1971. In 1995 he graduated the Automobile Highway Institute of the Donetsk National Technical University and in 2002 – the Interregional Academy of Personnel Management.
In 1995–2009 Rybak worked in the division of Criminal Investigation for the Horlivka city militsiya. In 2009 he joined the All-Ukrainian Association Fatherland (Batkivshchyna) and next year headed its city's party cell.
Since November 2010 Rybak was a member of the Horlivka city council. During the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election, he ran for the Supreme Council of Ukraine at the 52nd electoral district placing 4th with 3,332 votes.
Rybak was abducted by separatists on 17 April 2014 after trying to raise the flag of Ukraine on Horlivka's town council building. Later his body with signs of torture was found in the River Torets, along with other two bodies. According to forensic reports, the victims were drowned being still alive and their bodies were covered with burns and stabs and their stomachs ripped open. The two other victims were Kyiv Polytechnic Institute student Yuriy Popravka and 25-year-old Yuriy Diakovsky.
- "'Murdered' Ukraine politician faced hostile mob, video shows". Reuters. 2014-04-23. Retrieved 2014-11-03.
- "Ukraine alert as politician killed". BBC. 2014-04-22. Retrieved 2014-11-03.
- Poroshenko: Street in free Horlivka to carry tortured Ukrainian activist's name, UNIAN (17 April 2016)
- Biography politrada.com
- Biography at the Horlivka city portal
- Volodymyr Rybak speaks frankly: Cops are jackasses, mayor - a puppet, communists - traitors. Horlivka city portal
- Chronology of brutal murder of Rybak that happened in Sloviansk. Broadcasting Service of News (TSN).
|This Ukrainian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|