|Founded||November 20, 1823|
|• Mayor||Claudia Monjo (Renovator Front)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (ART)|
|Dialing code||+54 3455|
The city lies near the geographic center of the province, east of the Gualeguay River, on National Route 18 (which links it to Paraná, the provincial capital, located 155 km to the west, and to Concordia, 120 km east). The area is served by Villaguay Aerodrome (ICAO: SAAU) at .
The earliest records of European settlement date to 1790. In the nineteenth century, Spanish, Jewish, French, Italian, Volga German, and Belgian communities were established in the area. In 1873, Villaguay, previously administered by military commanders, became a municipality.
- OpenStreetMap - Villaguay
- Municipal information: Municipal Affairs Federal Institute (IFAM), Municipal Affairs Secretariat, Ministry of Interior, Argentina. (in Spanish)
- Villaguay.net - Portal of the city.
- Villaguayguia.com - Portal of the city.
- TurismoEntreRios.com - Tourism portal of the province of Entre Ríos.