This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vilé Parlé (IPA: [ˈʋile ˈpaɾle], also known as Parla), is a neighbourhood and also the name of the railway station in Western suburb of Mumbai.  Vile Parle has a significantly strong base of Marathi and Gujarati population. Two temples - Virleshwar and Parleshwar - have been built, and named after the location. It serves as the location of the first Parle factory which ceased operations in year 2016. It houses Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport's Terminal 2.
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mumbai North West (covers western part of the suburb) |
Mumbai North Central (covers eastern part of the suburb)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Andheri West (covers western part of the suburb) |
Vile Parle (covers eastern part of the suburb)
Vile Parle is divided into two parts: Vile Parle (East) and Vile Parle (West) separated by the western railway line. The east-west boundaries of Vile Parle are from Juhu (West) to Sahar, Santacruz (East). The north boundary is Andheri and Santa Cruz (South). Vile Parle is also connected to JVPD scheme (Juhu Vile Parle Development scheme).
Vile Parle has now become a second major education center after Churchgate to Charni Road area. The establishment and growth of a huge educational complex are financed by the Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal and Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association. Thus, at all hours of the day you see a constant flow of students into and out of Vile Parle.
One of the leading Indian confectionery and biscuit manufacturers, Parle Products was started in Vile Parle. There is still a factory in Vile Parle East and it is commonly known as Parle Biscuit Factory. In July 2016, Parle stopped operations at its Vile Parle manufacturing unit and will be replaced by its corporate office. Vile Parle also houses the Garware plastics factory.
Vile Parle is also known for its numerous educational institutes including:
- Jamnabai Narsee School
- Shree Chandulal Nanavati Vinay Mandir
- St. Xavier's High School, Vile Parle (W)
- St. Joseph's Convent High School, Mumbai
- Madhavrao Bhagwat High School
- Parle Tilak Vidyalaya English Medium School
- Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management
- Mithibai College
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics
- Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies
- Sathaye College (Parle College)
- M L Dahanukar College
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering
- M P Shah English High School
- Utpal Shanghvi School
- Shri Navinchandra Popatlal Kapadia (Thakkar) High School
- "Ville Parle Railway Station". Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- "Parle Factory". Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- "Contact Us Archived May 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine." Kingfisher Airlines. Retrieved on 25 August 2009. "Kingfisher Airlines Limited Kingfisher House Western Express Highway Vile Parle (E) Mumbai - 400099 India "
- ENS Economic Bureau. "Jet, Kingfisher trying to fly in formation." Indian Express. Tuesday 14 October 2008. Retrieved on 25 August 2009.
- "Kingfisher house, Gandhi relics up for sale?" Mid Day. 12 March 2012. Retrieved on 15 March 2012.