Veliki Grđevac (pronounced [ʋêlikiː ɡr̩̂dʑeʋats], Hungarian: Nagygordonya) is a municipality in Bjelovar-Bilogora County, Croatia. According to the 2001 census, there are 3,248 inhabitants, 80.41% of which are Croats, in 1,157 of family households.
|Municipality seat||Veliki Grđevac|
|• Chief||Marijan Dautanac (HNS)|
|• Municipal Council|
|• Total||164.84 km2 (63.65 sq mi)|
|Elevation||146 m (479 ft)|
|• Density||20/km2 (51/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Municipality Day (Patron saint)||Pentecost|
The present municipality Veliki Grđevac arose during the Croatian War of Independence, separated from the former municipality Grubišno Polje. Municipality area extends from the southwestern slopes of Bilogora hills, across the Česma river towards the northernmost slopes of the Moslavačka gora. Area around the Veliki Grđevac is characterized by wet meadows under Bilogora hills.
The following villages comprise the Veliki Grđevac municipality:
Monuments and sightseeingsEdit
- Mato Lovrak center — consisting of compositional museum train and a mill with pond that represented the most famous symbols of the Mato Lovrak’s novels: "Train in the Snow" and "Družba Pere Kvržice" (translated as "Pero Lump gang").
- Friend of Nature Trail — the nature friends path is located nearby Lovrak center, and viewing is accompanied by the guides. The pathis intended for students, for their nature classes, organised groups, and for all friends of nature. Things to see:
- Biology interests of forest vegetations
- The natural regeneration of forest
- Forest animals
- Osnovna škola Mate Lovraka (English: Mato Lovrak Elementary School)
- Football club "Gordowa" Veliki Grđevac
- Karate Klub "Gordowa" Veliki Grđevac
- Sports-Fishing Association "Grđevica" Veliki Grđevac
- Hunting association "Jelen" (Deer) Veliki Grđevac
- "Općina Veliki Grđevac - Statistički podaci" [Municipality of Veliki Grđevac - Statistics] (in Croatian). 2009. Retrieved 20 June 2010.
- Population by sex and age, by settlements, Census 2001 – Republic of Croatia - Croatian Bureau of Statistics, www.dzs.hr
- Population by ethnicity, by towns/municipalities, Census 2001 – Republic of Croatia - Croatian Bureau of Statistics, www.dzs.hr
- Households by family composition and family households by number of members, Census 2001 – Republic of Croatia - Croatian Bureau of Statistics, www.dzs.hr
- Official website (in Croatian)