Vekoma Rides Manufacturing is a Dutch amusement ride manufacturer. Vekoma is an abbreviation of Veld Koning Machinefabriek (Veld Koning Machine Factory) and was established in 1926 by Hendrik op het Veld. They originally manufactured farm equipment and later made steel constructions for the coal mining industry in the 1950s, After the closure of Dutch mines in 1965, they manufactured steel pipes for the petrochemical industry. Since the 1970s, they have manufactured amusement rides. Vekoma was acquired by amusement ride manufacturer S&S Sansei in 2018.
|Founder||Hendrik op het Veld|
|Bermuda Blitz||2017||A sit down multi-inversion roller coaster with new generation trains and restraints. An off the shelf layout is available replicating Lech Coaster, whilst custom layouts are also available. Only one installation of this model exists.|
|Big Air||2010||Formerly known as a hammerhead stall due to the spinning function it previously possessed. There is only one installation of this roller coaster.|
|Boomerang||1984||Shuttle roller coaster with three inversions, height of 117 feet, and speed of 47 mph.|
|Corkscrew with Bayerncurve (discontinued)||1979||Vekoma corkscrew designed by Arrow Dynamics and manufactured by Vekoma.|
|Dive Pretzel Coaster||2014||A roller coaster with a 90 degree climb and several pretzel loop elements.|
|Double Loop-Corkscrew||1981||A modified version of the MK-1200, it consisted of four inversions (two vertical loopings and two corkscres and a standard track.|
|Flying Dutchman||2000||First large-scale flying roller coaster built. There are two of these coasters.|
|Giant Inverted Boomerang||2001||Like Invertigo but with vertical lift hills and slightly different layout.|
|Hurricane||1989||Has a vertical loop and a double corkscrew. There were only ever 2 installations.|
|Invertigo||1996||An inverted model of the Boomerang.|
|Motorbike roller coaster||2004||Vekoma-launched roller coaster with trains like motorbikes.|
|LSM Launch Coaster||1999||Roller coaster with three inversions. Launched around 55 mph using LSM technology.|
|Splash Party||2013||An inverted slower-paced roller coaster that is designed with several water gun and water bomb placements. Only one installation of this model exists.|
|Stingray||2009||A compact flying roller coaster designed as the successor to the Flying Dutchman. Only one example has been installed.|
|Suspended Family Coaster||2001||Similar to the SLC but no inversions and more appropriate for families.|
|Suspended Looping Coaster (discontinued)||1994||Inverted coaster with several different models.|
|Loop-Corkscrew||1986||A modified version of the MK-1200, it consisted of two inversions (a vertical looping and a corkscrew) and a standard track. Three installations exist in the world and are all still operating.|
|Junior Coaster||1990||Roller coaster aimed at children. 207 m and 335 m models.|
|Wooden roller coaster||2000||Classic wooden coaster produced by Vekoma. There are two examples: the Thundercoaster at TusenFryd, and Weerwolf at Walibi Belgium. The removed one was at Walibi Holland and was called Robin Hood.|
In 2008, Vekoma Rides Manufacturing acquired the Wheels of Excellence range of Ferris wheels from Ronald Bussink, to be handled by a new Vekoma division, Dutch Wheels BV. The Dutch Wheels product range includes the R40, R50, and R60 models, each available in three different types.
|Ferris wheel name||Location||Opened||Status|
|Giant Wheel||Morey's Piers, Wildwood, New Jersey, US||
|Navy Pier Ferris Wheel||Pier Park, Navy Pier, Chicago, US||
|Delhi Eye (R50)||Kalindi Kunj Park, Okhla, Delhi, India||
|Hong Kong Observation Wheel||Central, Hong Kong||
|Grande roue de Montréal||Montreal, Canada||
A madhouse is a flat ride that gives the impression that the rider is upside-down, when in reality the room they are in rotates around them.
This section contains what may be an unencyclopedic or excessive gallery of images.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
Suspended Looping Coaster, a popular Vekoma design
Boomerang, another of Vekoma's most popular ride models
Invertigo, a variation on the Boomerang design
Giant Inverted Boomerang, a more extreme version of Invertigo
Vekoma Roller Skater, a small family coaster design
Motorbike roller coaster, a specially designed coaster with seats that are like motorbikes
- ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch) Vekoma neemt bedrijf over, Limburgschs Dagblad, July 13, 1993
- ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch) Vekoma - Themeparkfreaks.eu
- Vekoma - rcdb.com
- Marden, Duane. "Lech Coaster (Legendia Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko rcdb_number=11034)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Marden, Duane. "Big Air (E-DA Theme Park)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Raadselachtige nieuwe achtbaan opgebouwd in Limburg". looping.nl (in Dutch). April 23, 2015. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- Marden, Duane. "Unknown (Great Mall of China)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- Marden, Duane. "Dive Pretzel Coaster (Limburg)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- "Hurricane (Vekoma Model)". Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- Marden, Duane. "Bandit Bomber (Yas Waterworldrcdb_number=6536)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- Marden, Duane. "Tornado (Vlodrop)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- "Vekoma rides on". Park World Magazine: 30. November 2013.
- Giant Wheels go Dutch - Vekoma takes over Bussink range
- Dutch Wheels - our product range
- Ride experts call 11-year-old Pleasantville girl's fatal fall from Wildwood's Morey's Pier Ferris wheel a freak occurrence
- Navy Pier's new attractions deemed 'critical' to luring variety of patrons.
- Historic Navy Pier Attractions - Pier Park
- 10 millionth rider goes for spin on Navy Pier ferris wheel
- Delhi Eye thrown open to the public
- Giant wheel a monumental treat
- Partners - The Hong Kong Observation Wheel
- "Accueil | La Grande roue de Montréal". www.lagranderouedemontreal.com.