Roerdalen (pronunciation (help·info)) (Limburgish: Roerdale) is a municipality in the southeastern Netherlands, in the province of Limburg. As of 2007, it had about 21,000 inhabitants and borders Germany.
Church in Melick
Location in Limburg
|Established||1 January 1991|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Monique de Boer-Beerta (VVD)|
|• Total||88.79 km2 (34.28 sq mi)|
|• Land||88.21 km2 (34.06 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.58 km2 (0.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||28 m (92 ft)|
|• Density||234/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Roerdalen, June 2015
- Hubert Biermans (1864 in Herkenbosch - 1953) a Dutch and Canadian businessman
- Connie Palmen (born 1955 in Sint Odiliënberg) a Dutch author
- Geert Chatrou (born 1969 in Sint Odiliënberg) a professional whistler
- Jos Verstappen (born 1972 in Montfort) a Dutch former racing driver
- Joeri Verlinden (born 1988 in Melick) a Dutch swimmer, competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics
- "Samenstelling college B&W" [Members of the board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Roerdalen. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 6077CG". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
|This Dutch Limburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|