Valerie Domínguez Tarud (born January 12, 1981 in Barranquilla) is a Colombian actress, model, designer and beauty pageant titleholder who represented her country at Miss Universe 2006 where she finished in the Top 10.
Valerie Domínguez Tarud
January 12, 1981
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Title||Miss Colombia 2005|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Hair color||Golden brown|
|Miss Colombia 2005|
Miss Universe 2006
Dominguez competed at Miss Colombia 2005 where she won and gained the right to represent Colombia at and competed at Miss Universe 2006 in Los Angeles, California, USA. Domínguez finished in the Top 10. The eventual winner was Zuleyka Rivera of Puerto Rico.
Valerie is also widely recognized thanks to her television appearances, and made her debut as Marianne Sajir in "Hasta que la plata nos separe". She also started to enter the Colombian film industry, in the role of Manuela for the film "Esto huele mal" by Jorge Ali Triana. It was fairly easy in Colombia for the participation of the beautiful actress. She's now in the television drama El Último Matrimonio Feliz. Valerie has a jewelry store in Barranquilla, which exhibits her designs. She will soon open another store in Bogotá.
After participating in the Miss Universe she entered the world of television with the co-starring role in the Colombian telenovela "El último matrimonio feliz" (" The last happy marriage ") and had a supporting role in the telenovela "Hasta que la plata nos separe"(" Until the money do us part "), both on RCN television. Besides this, she had her first film appearance Manuela performing the role in the movie called "Esto huele mal" by Jorge Alí Triana.
Then she starred in the series produced by Sony "Los caballeros las prefieren brutas" which was produced for cable television latinooamérica where she plays the character of Cristina. The series is based on the book with the same title Isabella Santo Domingo . She is currently starring in a telenovela produced by FOX RCN Telecolombia called Un sueño llamado salsa (A dream called salsa).
Dominguez is also known for acting in Beyond Brotherhood (2017) and Do You Believe? (2015).
Valerie is first cousins with singer Shakira and is of Syrian and Lebanese descent. She also is cousin of Adriana Tarud, who was Miss Colombia 2004 and who is also of Lebanese descent. She is known to have dated NASCAR Business Manager and Beverage Owner John Paysor.
- "Valerie Domínguez". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-11-20. Retrieved 2009-10-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Miss Colombia, prima de Shakira Valerie Domínguez Tarud Miss Colombia 2006[dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2009-10-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Valerie Dominguez - Missosology.Org[dead link]
- Perú, Redacción El Comercio (2018-11-27). "Valerie Domínguez, la prima de Shakira que cautiva en Instagram". El Comercio Perú (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- CMTV. "¿Quién es esa chica? Conocé a la despampanante prima de Shakira". CMTV (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- publimetro. "¡Es prima de Shakira! Valerie Domínguez cautiva en Instagram con su modelaje". Publimetro Test. Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- (in Spanish) Miss Colombia
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Colombia