VDL Bus & Coach
VDL Bus & Coach is a Netherlands based bus manufacturer. It is an amalgamation of several bus building companies within the VDL Groep. VDL Bus & Coach has manufacturing plants in Belgium and the Netherlands. By 2018 VDL Bus & Coach sold 500 electric buses.
|Products||Buses and Coaches|
- Berkhof (acquired in 1998, based in Valkenswaard, became VDL Bus Modules). Formerly part of Berkhof Jonckheere Groep, which VDL Groep acquired in 1998.
- Bova (acquired in 2003, based in Valkenswaard, became VDL Bus Valkenswaard).
- DAF Bus (acquired in 1993, based in Eindhoven, became VDL Bus Chassis). Originally named DAF Bus International after being separated from the truck-building business of DAF, it joined United Bus in 1990. It became a subsidiary of VDL Groep after United Bus collapsed in 1993. DAF Bus International was renamed VDL Bus International in September 2003. In 2008, VDL Bus International was renamed VDL Bus Chassis.
- Hainje (acquired in 1998, based in Heerenveen, became VDL Bus Heerenveen). Formerly part of Berkhof Jonckheere Groep, which VDL Groep acquired in 1998.
- Jonckheere (acquired in 1998, based in Roeselare, became VDL Bus Roeselare). Formerly part of Berkhof Jonckheere Groep, which VDL Groep acquired in 1998.
- Kusters (acquired in 1998, based in Venlo, became VDL Bus Venlo). Formerly part of Berkhof Jonckheere Groep, which VDL Groep acquired in 1998.
Integral buses and coachesEdit
- SB180 - Low entry
- SB200 - Low entry
- SB230 - Low entry
- SBR230 - Low entry
- DB300 - Double deck
- TB2175 - Heavy duty (front engine)
- TBR2175 - Heavy duty (front engine)
- SB4000 - Intercity / Coach
- SBR4000 - Coach
Historical (including DAF bus models)Edit
Integral coaches and whole vehiclesEdit
- Lexio (interurban bus body on VDL SB4000 chassis, marketed as VDL Bova Lexio)
- Magiq (integral coach, ex Bova, renamed VDL Bova Magiq)
- Synergy (double deck coach body on VDL SBR4000 chassis, marketed as VDL Bova Synergy)
- SB260 - Chassis modules for VDL Citea SLF
- Core activities VDL Bus & Coach
- Kane, Mark (2018-09-26). "VDL Bus & Coach Sold 500th Electric Bus". InsideEVs. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "VDL at Euro6". Bus & Coach Buyer. 2014-03-07. Retrieved 2020-09-13.
- "VDL Weborganigram" (PDF). Retrieved 2020-09-13.
- ANP (1998-10-06). "VDL neemt Berkhof Jonckheere over". de Volkskrant (in Dutch). Retrieved 2020-09-13.
- "Fusie busfabrikanten". Trouw (in Dutch). 2003-05-07. Retrieved 2020-09-13.
- VDL Bus International becomes VDL Bus Chassis VDL Bus Chassis September 2008