- I don't, although the value of the unsourced content in the linked article is minimal at present. My preference is for the original writing which does not repeat "John Masefield". A piped link would be acceptable.SovalValtos (talk) 10:46, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
Hi. I was born in Haverfordwest. I may or may not have known Legendary Hollywood Film Actor Christian Bale. You asked for citation and I have my son here beside me. He says what I'm saying may or not be true and he's not usually the type to lie. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Philpaxman (talk • contribs) 07:50, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
Wallington County Grammar SchoolEdit
Hello, I received your message about a section of the article being poorly referenced - specifically concerning the claim that WCGS is one of a handful of grammar schools in the London Borough of Sutton. I didn't provide a citation there because I'd provided a link to 'list of schools in Sutton' (specifically the section on grammar schools), which vindicated the claim. I felt that should suffice. Please let me know if you have any further suggestions.
- User:Rabidmelonfarmer Please read the welcome message and the links within it which has been added to your talk page by another editor . You will then find the explanations you seek as to sourcing and citation. Even if using another Wikipedia was allowable as a reliable source (which it is not) there is nothing in the linked list to justify the assertion that it is 'consistently ranked'. Please sign your posts on talk pages with ~~~~. Best wishes. SovalValtos (talk) 20:51, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
- On further inspection, the citations for the article don't seem to be formatted properly, with their being numbered irregularly (the first citations in the article are numbered 3 and 4, though in the visual editor one still sees 1 and 2 in their place). If you would please rectify these errors (or let me know how to do so) I'd be most appreciative. Rabidmelonfarmer (talk) 21:14, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) Rabidmelonfarmer - I think what you're seeing is not an error in citation numbering; if you click "edit" on a section of the article, the citations for that section are numbered from number 1. This is normal, and doesn't change the numbering across the whole article. Tony Holkham (Talk) 21:24, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
- There are some citations in the infobox. Do you have a connection with Wallington County Grammar School which gives you particular insight into the subject? I have not the time or skills to mentor you but strongly advise you follow the advice given above even at the expense of suspending other editing until you have done so.SovalValtos (talk) 21:27, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
- If this is still me you're talking to, I do have a connection with the school, having attended it for some time. I've heeded the advice you've provided above, to the extent of providing citations for both of the claims you took issue with previously. I now see an article beginning with citations numbered 3 and 4, however, and don't know how to rectify this. Any help would be appreciated. Rabidmelonfarmer (talk) 21:56, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) The fact that the citations in the lead are assigned numbers 3 and 4 is not a problem. Citations numbered 1 and 2 are contained in the infobox (which precedes the lead sentence). They appear as 1 and 2 when you preview the changes only because the preview doesn't take into account citations appearing in other sections of the article (such as the infobox). General Ization Talk 22:19, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
Future routes are fine to list in destination tables per WP:CRYSTAL #1 as long as they're properly sourced. See Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Airports#Future_destinations_again - I'm reverting your edit based off this discussion. SportingFlyer T·C 18:26, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
- I see that there is no mention in that fan project discussion of the Wikipedia policy WP:CRYSTAL. The policy takes precedence. Airlines and their routes come and go frequently, so a text section on the routes over the whole existence of an airport is preferable to a table/travel guide of even just current routes let alone speculating on possible future routes.SovalValtos (talk) 07:23, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
Licking River (Kentucky)Edit
Please be more careful with your reverts. There were other changes in that section and we don't need a clutter of cite needed tags in a short section. If you disagree - take it to the article talk page. Thank you. Vsmith (talk) 14:57, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
Westerham church towerEdit
When I was in the church last year I picked up a sheet where it says "the tower dates from the 1100s" and even "cross over under the arches dating from the 1100s." You are right to revert my edit until I can come up with a reference online. I have written to the church for this.--Brenont (talk) 22:40, 11 June 2019 (UTC)
Reverted edit - Billingshurst IPAEdit
Can I have a reason as to why my edit containing an IPA pronunciation for Billingshurst was reverted? IPA pronunciations do not require sourcing on wikipedia to my knowledge (where would find such a source come from?) and it is a valid piece of information to have in the article for anyone who is not from Billingshurst or the local area. Seems to me by the looks of this talk page you've been a bit too trigger happy when it comes to reverting edits without bringing it to the article talk page first (even if something that needed a citation was not cited it does not mean it needs a speedy deletion without proper reasoning). TheBestEditorInEngland (talk) 22:07, 14 June 2019 (UTC)
- TheBestEditorInEngland I am not aware of any exemption from Wikipedia:Verifiability for IPA transcriptions. Please link such if it exists. Sources commonly used for citing transcriptions are dictionaries such as Collins English Dictionary or various pronunciation dictionaries.SovalValtos (talk) 07:38, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply, I've luckily found a pronunciation on an online pronunciation site and will add the IPA for the third time with the source. Next time, before removing, could you bring the problem to the article's talk page as I could have sourced the IPA within minutes if you had. TheBestEditorInEngland (talk) 14:33, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- TheBestEditorInEngland unfortunately your choice of source added does not include the transcription your research has produced for your preferred version. Your bold addition will be reverted until such time as there is a reliable source. Please do not edit war. The place to justify your addition after reversion is on the article talk page rather than here. I trust there will not be any occasion in future for asking you for a source for an IPA as you now say it is possible to find them within minutes rather than not knowing where they might be found, and you could add them prior to posting. Best wishes.SovalValtos (talk) 19:57, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- SovalValtos unfortunately your choice of words added does include too much sass and sarcastic cocky behaviour your previous messages have produced for your preferred message. Your bold message will be ignored until such time as there is not a substantial amount of cringe. Please do not act proper 'ard. The place to justify your message after me reading it is in a court of law rather than here. I trust there will not be any occasion in future for asking the police for assistance in stopping your abusive comments as you now say it is possible to message them within a wiki user talk page rather than on FaceBook or something, and you could not add them prior to posting. Best wishes.TheBestEditorInEngland (talk) 22:27, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- In my opinion, the editor who started this thread was being antagonistic, uncivil and clearly looking for a fight, was unaware of WP:BRD, then resorted to parody so, as a self-acknowledged novice is best ignored until they have a little more experience on Wikipedia or want to collaborate in a more friendly way. Tony Holkham (Talk) 17:38, 16 June 2019 (UTC)
- In my opinion, the editor who started this thread was asking a clear and civil question, and was clearly looking for an answer, was unaware that they would be met with racial abuse and talk page stalkers, then resorted to being annoyingly sarcastic back to annoyingly sarcastic comments so, as someone who only contributes in large edits and article expansions instead of deliberately looking for mass bad grammar to fix to get a better more respectable medal and look proper 'ard on their user page is best ignored by talk page stalkers until they scour random wiki articles to make not very big edits like changing its to it's 1000 times a day everyday 24/7/365 to get a better medal displayed on their user page (Editcountitis) or want to ask a question in a more friendly way like on FaceBook or something. TheBestEditorInEngland (talk) 19:17, 16 June 2019 (UTC)
My modifications to the Page Hardoi were deleted. I think it was a mistake to delete my modification.Edit
Thanks for watching this space.
I am a native of the city of Hardoi. My modification got deleted before I could cite a few newspaper articles about the mythology of the city. If you can undelete them, I will add my citation which is 
Also, a larger question is there. What if I am the correct primary source of this information (being a native of this very small town, I know a lot of fun facts about it) and no newspaper has yet reported some awesome facts? How do we add such information to Wikipedia pages.
- Please read the message I left on your talk page and the links within it. Include your citations when adding material rather than later. Regarding your fun facts; you do not add them if you are the source, only if there is a reliable published source. Even though you started editing a long time ago you might find Wikipedia:A primer for newcomers helpful. Best wishes.SovalValtos (talk) 08:58, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
If you are right then you have to choose between Category:Engineering companies of the United Kingdom and Category:Engine manufacturersRathfelder (talk) 07:30, 27 June 2019 (UTC)
- (User talk:Rathfelder) Categories are not my field so I will accept your advice. There is more in the article about engine and transmission development than manufacture. Manufacture was pre the company with Dolphin and boat engines so if the choice must be limited to two then I prefer Engineering. What about consultants?SovalValtos (talk) 07:44, 27 June 2019 (UTC)
Reverted Edit - Colchester PageEdit
I recently discovered your reverted edit relating to artists playing at Colchester Park and Charter Hall and noticed that you believed that this edit was made in an effort to promote these shows.
As a Colchester resident, I was merely proud that my home town (still the "Oldest Recorded Town in Britain", despite the current council's efforts to rebrand it as "England's First City" in reference to its Roman heritage) had a rich, vibrant and thriving art scene catering for all tastes, which is why mention was made of several different venues and styles of show, rather than just "promoting" one particular venue or artist.
I simply wanted to highlight this to the wider Wiki readership as an additional reason for considering visitng the town. I can't really see anything wrong with that and would hope that, as several of the shows have already taken place and the list simply highlights the variety available, you will remove this reversion and reinstate the section I had added, removing the links to the venue's own websites/booking facilities if you deem that necessary.
- Andyastra Thank you for acknowledging the motive for your edit was adding a "reason for considering visitng the town"; in other words promotion. Please follow the link I added to your talk page regarding advertising. Please also see WP:CRYSTAL. If you decide you want to discuss this further do so on the article talk page so others can see it.SovalValtos (talk) 02:45, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
Gwr class 47xxEdit
The information that I put on the page was and is correct the cylinder blocks are to be made from scratch as the ones from the 28xx are deemed to old to reuse info from the 47xx website I love helping edit and make Wikipedia a better place with updated info but this makes me feel like I wont bother using wiki again too much worry and hassle .
THE ONLY SOURCE I KNOW IS THE STUFF YOU PUT ON YOUR CHIPS
Hi, pleased to make your acquaintance. You have twice now removed additions I have made to the 'Notable people' section, and you have invited me to talk about it; perhaps you could explain the issue? Lloydmayer (talk) 07:46, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- Lloydmayer in edits to the Henley-on-Thames article you added to the 'Notable people' section people whose connections that you gave were to other nearby settlements such as Shiplake and Wargrave rather than Henley. I removed them as being off topic for Henley-on-Thames although they might be relevant to their own settlement articles. You then replaced them in this edit using a misleading edit summary stating it was a minor edit and not mentioning the replacement of your text. That would have been the time to use the Henley-on-Thames talk page. On removing your additions I further reminded you that you had not sourced the changes. See WP:V. Incidentally it would have been better to use the talk page for the article rather than mine so that others interested in the Henley article could find the exchange. Best wishes.SovalValtos (talk) 08:28, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
Hey man. I spent all day writing this, in the style of the San Francisco headlining article. It really isn't too long. Please don't revert it, okay? :) oh and by the way, southern england's nice, ay? My grandmother's from there. Apparently it's wicked.Leavepuckgackle1998 (talk) 10:34, 9 July 2019 (UTC)