|↓↓↓ NEW MESSAGES GO TO THE BOTTOM. NOT THE TOP. ↓↓↓|
Please add new messages to the bottom of the page. If a conversation is started here, I'll respond here; if it starts on your talk page, I'll respond there.
I prefer to communicate via talk pages. Please only email me if there is a good reason not to conduct a conversation on a talk page. I do not respond to emails regarding link deletions and other issues that should be discussed on your userpage or the article talk page.
Why did you remove my external links?
If you've come here because you want to know why I removed some external links you've added, please read Wikipedia's policies on spam, Wikipedia external link guidelines and conflict-of-interest first. Because of Wikipedia's popularity, it has become a target for folks looking to promote their sites, which is against Wikipedia policies. Wikipedia is not a free advertising platform.
PLEASE LEAVE NEW COMMENTS AT THE *BOTTOM* OF THIS PAGE.
Hi, you recently blocked User:126.96.36.199 for disruptive editing - thank you! Unfortunately, the user continues to misuse their talk page. Is it possible to revoke an IP's talk page access? Would you consider doing so for this IP? Many thanks, Railfan23 (talk) 02:20, 7 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hey again. User:188.8.131.52 is up to their old tricks again on their talk page despite the 6-month block you gave them. Could you revoke their talk page access again? Many thanks, Railfan23 (talk) 01:38, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
You recently blocked this user for 72 hours. You may want to extend the block as the same user has been making the same disruptive edits under several IP addresses (see here for another example). Rikster2 (talk) 21:06, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for the warning!
I shall surely abide by that. Noahonimisi (talk) 17:02, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
Hi Jamie, you kindly blocked User:184.108.40.206 for 1 week recently. They are the IP trying to create an article on their talk page despite frequent requests that they not do so. The block just expired, and I'm afraid they're right back at it: . Any chance you could take a look? Many thanks, Railfan23 (talk) 02:41, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
Hi Jamie. You blocked TheCrown15 here yesterday for disruptive edits however I see they are making similar edits using an IP address today. I could take this to SPI but I thought perhaps as the blocking admin you may be interested. If you look at the articles they edit and the edits they make it would seem to me they are highly likely connected. As far as I can tell TheCrown15 is most likely a sock of another blocked master account (User:BushidoBrown). Are you open to looking into this or would you prefer I take it to SPI? If you are I'm happy to show you some diffs. Robvanvee 15:27, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- Done OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:23, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hi again Jamie. Same guy, same edits. Here you see the very recently created MYDTCC.EDU making the exact same edit TheCown15 (who you indeffed for block evasion in August) disruptively made then. The other article this "new" user has edited was a favourite of The Crown15, Murder Inc Records which also stinks of block evasion. I see you indeffed TheCrown15 back then for block evasion but I can't see a link to who the master sock was. Could you look into this if you are able please. Thanks. Robvanvee 14:33, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
- Indeffed as WP:DUCK sock. Cheers, OhNoitsJamie Talk 14:43, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
- Much appreciate your prompt response Jamie! Robvanvee 14:46, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
user:220.127.116.11 is still editing her talkpage, and I see you intended to take it away. CLCStudent (talk) 01:34, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
- Done OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:23, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
I noticed that you hid a username in this page's history. I kindly suggest hiding edit summaries as well, because the username also appears in several of them, so it's not really hidden at all. Deli nk (talk) 01:38, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Re your cmt at AIV
Hi! just in regards to your comment, yes not vandalism, but unconstructive nonetheless -- at least from where I was standing (no edit summary, at the start of the article, a link about a museum of the suburb (?), and repeated attempts despite the warnings). Surpassing the final warning, of course I was going to report to AIV... Kind regards, —MelbourneStar☆talk 15:08, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Looks like a competence issue; user is new to Wikipedia, kind of stumbling through it. That said, a block is appropriate if the user continues to bungle things up and doesn't respond to talk page feedback. OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:25, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Okay no worries, that's fair enough! —MelbourneStar☆talk 15:27, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
Can either you or Koavf please inform Hoof Hearted (WikiIndex) that I can't create an account there nor even post to their talk page as an IP? I'm getting this error still. –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 18:01, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Wait, nevermind. –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 18:07, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
Can you revoke talk access - Special:AbuseLog/24660095. Home Lander (talk) 22:12, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
...for the school range block. Much appreciated. Cheers, 2601:188:180:1481:DC2D:52EC:4C74:EA5E (talk) 18:32, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
Artificial hair integrations report at WP:AIV
Hey, sorry for this mis-report on WP:AIV. It was an IP-hopping spammer and I had indeed not warned that IP. Thanks also for the block on them later. Best, The Mirror Cracked (talk) 00:09, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- Ah, got it. I've rangeblocked 'em, and will blacklist if they persist. Thanks, OhNoitsJamie Talk 00:49, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
Stop deleting factual information just based on your personal opinion. Ask for a consensus.
Consider this your last warning for WP:COI edits. OhNoitsJamie Talk 17:33, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
You have twice deleted something which is factually correct. I'd expect more than one person's opinion before deleting something, or calling it useless. How many other editors did you consult to determine if those lists were "useless"? At Rice, the list came from a student committee (FYI: I was not a participant in any way). Only about 20 students were included in the list the year I was included. I don't remember how many at SDSU were included.
Phil Konstantin (talk) 07:07, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- "Factually correct" doesn't mean that it belongs in an encyclopedia. Cleaning up an article doesn't require "consensus" unless there are disagreements from other "neutral" editors. Per WP:COI, you should not be editing your own article (unless it's to remove blatant vandalism or unsourced assertions), but you're welcome to bring up concerns and suggestions on the talk page. The article needs plenty more pruning to remove trivia that doesn't belong in an encyclopedia (GPAs, etc). Feel free to file an WP:RFC on the talk page for the article if you want input on that. OhNoitsJamie Talk 13:57, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
For what it is worth, I did not add those comments about being included in Who's Who in two different Universities 20 years apart, or almost nothing else in the article. Some of that material came from biographies of me which appeared online at various TV stations, and book publisher's websites. I did correct one flatly inaccurate but uncontroversial line, some time ago. Years ago, one editor told me I needed to add what computers I helped run at NASA. Since they told me I should add it, I did. Then another editor said I shouldn't be the one adding things. A few editors claim I have not done enough worthy things to merit an article. That's their opinions, and they are welcome to it. Other editors have felt the article was appropriate. Recently, one of the anti-inclusion editors added quite a few (Citation Needed) markers on the article. Since I am not allowed to add things to the article about me, I provided quite a few sources or citations in the Talk section. I also notified the editor who added the Citations Needed markers of the citation I placed in the Talk section. That editor did not reply, or update the page. Since then, six months later, those citations have not been added to the article. Many of the corrections I have suggested in the Talk section over the years remain there, unaltered. While my life will not end if the article is deleted, I admit it is nice to have it. So, when people complain about my lack of meritorious qualifications, and factual material is deleted, it makes me wonder if this is just a ploy by those anti-inclusion editors. If you delete the accomplishments or things which have happened in my life, then it is easier to justify deleting the article. No offense is intended toward you. Phil Konstantin (talk) 19:26, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- Removing triva is not "anti-inclusion." You will be hard pressed to find any other biographical articles that mention a subject's high school GPA and what clubs they were in. Your concerns with the article belong on the article's talk page. If you want other opinions regarding what the article and and shouldn't include, please create an WP:RFC, though it's probably make sense to wait a week for the result of the newly filed AfD. Regarding your comments about trying to address the "citation needed" tags, websites created or maintained by you (americanindian.net) do not ualify as reliable sources. OhNoitsJamie Talk 20:08, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
BDW, ANI, and other three letter acronyms
If he does resume upon return, I suggest going immediately to ANI as a continued instance, rather than trying to engage. Should you choose to do so, please feel free to link to this message and cast all blame upon me for your failure to attempt to resolve yourself. I have seen repeatedly that direct efforts have no positive effect. KillerChihuahua 18:14, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- Sound advice. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the situation. It's unfortunate that an editor with a history of mostly constructive edits is choosing this hill to die on. OhNoitsJamie Talk 18:23, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- We all have bad days. Hopefully this was just that, and nothing more. KillerChihuahua 00:07, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi Jamie. You blocked them a few weeks back (their 2nd) for the very thing they seem hellbent on doing again: adding unsourced or even incorrect information to articles. Please could you cast an eye. Robvanvee 19:44, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Done. OhNoitsJamie Talk 21:36, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- As always, much appreciated! Robvanvee 05:35, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi, in this AfD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Svante_Thunberg in which you voted an hour ago, the person who nominated the article on my behalf (because I don't have an account) choose to withdrew the nomination because, I don't know, a spat? I told him to consider to abstain from voting and he reacted by withdrawing the nomination. Could you possibly re-open it? I don't think he should be able to withdraw a vote that was actually initiated by somebody else (i.e. me). I can ask somebody else to open a new separate vote again (like I did the first time at Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_deletion as IP are instructed to ) but a couple of people had already voted, so it seems a little like a waste of everybody's time.18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:34, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- I think it would be better for you to file the AfD yourself. Is something preventing you from doing that? OhNoitsJamie Talk 16:29, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- "IP users" are not allowed to finish AfD nominations on they're own but are directed (in WP:AFDHOWTO) to complete step 1 and then ask for help with finishing steps 1 & 2. Somebody else already set up a new AfD though, but thanks for replying (and voting). 22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:24, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi Jamie. Tonight while going through the user creation log, I found this editor who's username translates to "The most beautiful thing in the world is to be banned infinite" in Italian. Sounds like a sleeper to keep an eye on. Lupin VII (talk) 05:41, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. Nothing on the edit filter; wait and see. OhNoitsJamie Talk 06:03, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for blocking this vandal! Just be on the watch out in case he uses proxies to get over his block. Luigitehplumber (talk) 14:48, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
- I checked the /64 range for that IP, didn't see anything else recently that was obviously the same editor. You can ping me directly if they resume. OhNoitsJamie Talk 14:50, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
Blocked "Juice Bucket YouTube" user from editing
Hi Ohnoitsjamie, you have blocked me from editing for 8 days. The reason you have mentioned is I am using Wikipedia for promotion or advertising. Firstly when I was creating the account I have tried using my name wiki told that username already exists and I tried Juice Bucket wiki again told username already exists. So I tried Juice Bucket YouTube and it accepted, promoting my channel was not at all my intention. I am new to this so if you can guide me how to change my username I am happy to change it (since you thought I am doing it for promoting my channel, in future someone else also might think that way). Secondly I have not included any of my channel links or video links in any Wikipedia page so could you please let me know on what basis I was banned. Also please let me know if you have any further questions or information needed on this issue.
Hope everyone will get justice. Juice Bucket YouTube (talk) 06:24, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- I don't see anything in the blocked for your account, or in the last 500 blocks I issued, so I'm not sure which block you are talking about. I don't remember every blocking anyone for 8 days; that's an odd # of days for a block. Was the block you're talking about on a different account or on an IP address? In any case, if you'd like to change your username, please see the instructions/policies here. OhNoitsJamie Talk 14:07, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
Sir, there is a source that indicates that Hugh Jackman was about to have a cameo in Spider-Man 2! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:48, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- So then provide that source! OhNoitsJamie Talk 02:49, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
It appears our CIR pal you just blocked has several more accounts in the mix. Praxidicae (talk) 18:19, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
- Oh and this too Praxidicae (talk) 18:23, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
- Got 'em, thanks! OhNoitsJamie Talk 18:24, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
- I'm filing a request at SRG now...they've got a bad cause of the CIR xwiki ;) and there's about 6 more accounts. Yikes. Praxidicae (talk) 18:27, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for blocking Hfaiovena4t for 3 days, but he admitted in this edit that he is Piotr Grochowski, and as Piotr Grochowski was indefinitely blocked, he should be indef'd as well, especially as he is clearly not here to improve Wikipedia. BabelStone (talk) 21:56, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- Done, tagged. Thanks! OhNoitsJamie Talk 22:08, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- I checked the log and he's actually still blocked only for three days, I think? In any case thanks, I think we're well shot of him, his edits were taking up way too much of my time to deal with. Blythwood (talk) 22:29, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
UTRS Admins list
Seems like your not on the UTRS admins email list. Can you indicate to me which email I should add to our list? -- Amanda (aka DQ) 08:26, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
||A tall, cold one for you! Thanks for your speedy handling of my nuisance IP. --Dr.Margi ✉ 21:25, 8 October 2019 (UTC)
- Happy to help, cheers! OhNoitsJamie Talk 12:53, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Crown Oil Ltd
Hoi Ohnoitsjamie - I requested the page Crown Oil Ltd be undeleted, so a quick thank you for undeleting it. My aim was to get it to meet Wikipedia's criteria for notability, and I've added references as well as additional content. Hopefully this brings it up to standard, but I'm happy to listen to any feedback if not. PanaMarkides (talk) 16:01, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
A user using abusive language
Please take a look at this edit and other edits by the concerned user. Thanks.—Jakichandan (talk) 22:40, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Ohnoitsjamie. Remember me? The one who put additional citations on the ASMR article? By the way, can you improve the David Brown (British musician) article? I think it has a problem with its sources, which is YouTube videos.
User:Emotioness Expression 5:48 pm (UTC)
- I don't have a lot of time for article improvement at the moment, but I did find one additional source that meets WP:RS. It's not entirely focused on Brown, but features him prominently. OhNoitsJamie Talk 12:02, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Admin's Barnstar
|Thank you for helping me with COI info and general stuff on my wiki page. I've updated some citations and have a better understanding of communication here. Thanks! AlchemistsLead (talk) 20:36, 16 October 2019 (UTC)
Hi. If the twit is editing in places where it is hard(er) to clean up, then ping me, I have an expanse of xwiki rights and possibly can assist in removal. — billinghurst sDrewth
- Yes, that would be much appreciated. I think I saw pings for sources, news, and books, though I haven't looked. Are you able to semi-protect my talk pages across the board? As I'm not currently active in any projects other than en, commons, and occasionally meta for spam blacklisting, there isn't a good reason for non-autoconfirmed users to be editing my talk pages on those projects. Thanks again, OhNoitsJamie Talk 02:28, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
When I mentioned the comment, I meant your reply to the one who reported the IP that you range blocked, where you mentioned you range blocked the IP, I had been confused on wether the bot forgot to remove it or not. James-the-Charizard (talk to me!) (contribs) 17:40, 19 October 2019 (UTC)
- Got it, thanks. OhNoitsJamie Talk 17:49, 19 October 2019 (UTC)
What was that?
Hi! Just wondering what that thing you deleted from my user talk page was? I'd never seen something like it before. Cinnamingirl (talk) 02:52, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
- An IP user was canvassing a seemingly random list of users to shorten an article. They were blocked after ignoring a few warnings. OhNoitsJamie Talk 02:56, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
I am sorry for vandalising people I am Gun23man but I am sorry and I quit Wikipedia. Thank you TimePortal99 (talk) 07:08, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
Copy this message and send it to Yamla coz it’s protected TimePortal99 (talk) 07:09, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
You are invited to join the discussion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Waterman–Smith Building. BigDwiki (talk) 17:27, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
Matthew Stafford vandalism
Have you ever e-mailed schools to report vandalism by its students using the IP address Whois data? Eagles 24/7 (C) 18:05, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- Not in awhile. I contacted a university once because I was hesitant to block their range, wanted to give them a chance to take care of the problem themselves. It's not unusual to block school IPs for a year or more. If a new school IP hits Matthew Stafford, let me know and I'll block this range. OhNoitsJamie Talk 18:18, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- I already blocked the /26 since multiple IPs from the range were involved originally. Was asking about contacting the e-mails on the whois because the kids posted their Snapchat handles, which would make it very easy for the school to figure out who was behind it. Eagles 24/7 (C) 18:29, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
I have chosen to Wikipedia:DISENGAGE from the E-Cig and Tobacco area and QuackGuru in general and would like to apologize for wasting your time on the COIN board Mfernflower (talk)
- It sounds like you are frustrated; in such cases, disengagement (temporary or permanent) is often the best course of action. It sounds like a contentious issue, but COIN wasn't the right venue for it. Cheers, OhNoitsJamie Talk 22:02, 25 October 2019 (UTC)
hello, I'm writing to you from far away Calabria, I'm writing to greet you and know how you are. in addition to this, if you could help me with the improvement of this article or draft, I tried to improve it but I don't know where to put it by myself. in any case, if you can help me just and not more than 10 minutes of your precious time, I'll give you the courtesy with some articles in Italian and Sicilian. sure of a certain answer of yours and waiting to hear from you, I wish you a good day and a happy weekend. with regard--Luigi Salvatore Vadacchino (talk) 04:30, 26 October 2019 (UTC)
I am asking little help
I know I shoud not have brought that to AIV. But that user is harassing me at my talk page, what should I do. The user is false accusing me and suggesting me what i should do with my time or not. Please help me out. Dey subrata (talk) 21:21, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
- I don't see any harassment at your talk page. Lugnuts correctly reverted your changes; in this edit, you are changing the capitalization of article titles, the prior version properly capitalized the words as they were capitalized in the title. OhNoitsJamie Talk 21:27, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
- So basically you are saying there is no meaning in MOS:ALLCAPS and I should not follow these policies. I have been working on different articles and whenever I nominate any article all experienced editors' most common suggestion is of removing Souting in refernce (you can check my recent nom, and there suggestions about shouting in reference without which the artcile could not be GA or FA or FL). The Caps should be in only proper noun case, not in every words even if it is in the Title. Dey subrata (talk) 21:35, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
- If you don't understand the concept of a reference title, I can't help you, per WP:CIR. OhNoitsJamie Talk 21:37, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
You may wish to revoke talk page access.--Cahk (talk) 20:27, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- Done Thanks for the heads up! OhNoitsJamie Talk 20:35, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
Oh yes, it's a barnstar
||The Admin's Barnstar
|For your tireless and effective efforts using the admin tools to help stop the vandals and spammers. The Mirror Cracked (talk) 20:47, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for November 1
An automated process has detected that when you recently edited EBay, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages Genesys and Sitch (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver).
(Opt-out instructions.) --DPL bot (talk) 07:37, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
"and home to many people."
My, that was very enlightening. Flyer22 Reborn (talk) 16:11, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
- I hear there are quite a few buildings and dogs as well. OhNoitsJamie Talk 16:17, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
List of German people of ....
I spent in total many hours only f.e. only for the List of German people Turkish descent (to found out all the famous people of Turkish descent, etc.) and this takes much pain in the work. I shouldn‘t meant it badly when I‘m saying that I am range and no I cannot an accept this and don’t understand why you want to destroy all my work that I did. These lists (Turkish, Kurdish, Lebanese, etc.) were also only thought of an beginning, I wanted to do it step by step to many others countries (I start with the Orient, than I will do countries from East Europe, East & South Asian, than countries from sub-saharan-Africa, etc...), but all step by step.
Why I do these lists? For example the List of German people of Turkish descent? I wanted to inform strangers - and that is the main sense of Wikipedia (Wikipedia should inform people and be a platform of knowledge, like a lexicon). But what I unfortunately see is more censorship and abuse. I only wanted to do a harmless list - also for me, but especially for other people, a list where everyone can see which promis have these and these origin and yes of course this also includes people who have not an article yet. You have to know, in Germany many people always asking, from which origin is this rapper or this youtuber, etc... and they want to know are there other f.e. singer, rapper, athletes who are of ... or ... origin. Know everyone have a list you find nowhere im the internet. Yes you can say it is an overview of prominent people who are (xy) descent.
So my idea was to do a list you found nowhere in the internet, where you have ALL the prominent people of the same origin in one list togehter, for example all rapper of Turkish descent who have some fame, a complete list, where also everyone can add persons etc... that was what I think and it is big project and than I see that people don‘t respect the work I did, destroy all the work, and delated almost the half of the article! Ok, if the informations in the article are all wrong or not correct or up-to-day than I could understand, but this was not the case. And this made my angry, there is not reason. That only happened because many people did not have an wikipedia article yet. This should be the only reason??! If you ask me, this is very ridiculous, and yes for me this is much harder and worser than all the other article vandalisms.
If it were up to me, everyone of those who are in the list deserve ad own article, but you don’t know how hard it is for example to do articles for everyone. This is too much for me, I can‘t and will do such a thing. It costs too much time and and it is mostly not easy and mostly also not possible to find more than only few informations. The only thing you find about a promi is his/her artist name, his/her profession, his/her country (f.e. Germany) and his/her origin (f.e. Turkey). For example, Xiara. She only released three songs and many audio additions, but of course she is a notable person. Her last song with Dardan was a big hit in Germany, has ca. 10 million views after 2 months which ich mich for Germany, and she also has more than 100,000 Instagram followers which is much for someone who only released three songs. I have researched, but I don’t found many informations, only that their parents are from Turkey.
But you need more informations, otherwise the article of course will be delated.
The thing: Firstly, the article is for all people who have some fame so if you have more than 100.000 on a song (which is much) you are relevant for the list.
And secondly, the fact that they did not have an Wikipedia article also doesn‘t made them not notable. For example Dilara. She has ca. 3 million Instagram follower (Yes, she is famous in Germany and many knows). You want to indirectly says or suggest that she or promis like Mert Matan, Hatice Schmidt, CanBroke, Nihan, Denizon, Samarita, Erencan, Batu, Ali471, MEL, Melisa Carolina, Hasibe, Derya, Kadr, etc. are not is not notable, but all these many football players of Turkish origin that hardly anybody knows and who were all not good enough for the Bundesliga (the first German league), but are all in the list and all have an article, are relevant enough to be mentioned in this list and notable, but people who have hundreds of fans not? Is it a joke?
If you put all these (I think unknown) footballer on these list, than you also have to put Xiara, etc. on this list. Otherwise the list is joke and strange and not fair because many people who are famous are missing, while all these footballers and singer on the list for example who are not so famous are listed.
I hope you can understand a little more and I hope you will stop these actions (I mean delating all the people in the lists who have not an article now, but have sources in form of weblinks —> this cannot be a solution).
Otherwise than I will try to delate all the whole articles (and I will move all my complete lists to User:Jnnc19 articles so there are not all completely gone, although I don‘t like it) because I don‘t see the sense on the list when famous people are all missing and much more unknown people are part of the list because is no sense. But I hope, it doesn’t come so far. It would be very, very pity.
If you have suggestion for improvements or want to make a positive contributions to the article and add more people than of course I would be happy and you are welcome.
--Jnnc19 (talk) 11:19, 3 November 2019 (CET)
I have also looked at other lists on Wikipedia and they all have also people listed that doesn‘t have an article. You cannot not do a List of last survivors of historical events, but forget important or famous people only because they have not a Wikipedia article yet. The same is going with List of German people of Turkish descent and something like that. That someone has not a Wikipedia article doesn‘t mean that he or she is not relevant or important enough for the article. If any Miss Turkey or German is relevant enough for such a list, than the rapper and youtuber I have listed are also relevant enough. The List is called „List of German people of Turkish descent“ and not „List of German people of Turkish descent with a Wikipedia article“.
--Jnnc19 (talk) 11:33,3 November 2019 (CET)
- I will continue deleting entries that do not meet criteria for listing, per WP:V and WP:BIO. If you know over other lists that have redlinked entries that are missing either a reliable source or a link to another language wiki, those should be deleted as well. I'm already giving those lists a fair amount of slack by not deleting entries that only have articles in other language Wikipedias, as technically other wikis do not count as reliable sources. I understand that your additions are in good faith, but you've been warned twice (the last warning being a final one) and given the relevant policy links. Please heed the warnings and focus your efforts elsewhere. OhNoitsJamie Talk 14:55, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
- No, you didn’t. You have delated ALL people who have not a Wikipedia article. Every person I have listed in the page is linked to a reliable source so I follow all the Wikipedia rules and did nothing wrong and also didn‘t break any rule. If I have no sources given than I can understand that you delated things. But the person I have listed have all sources and proofs that they are of Turkish descent. Which warning? You have warned me or what do you mean? And I also don’t know what is your problem and why you are so strict? --Jnnc19 (talk) 16:17, 3 November 2019 (CET)
- „If a person in a list does not have a Wikipedia article about them, a citation....“ Yes and this is what I have done, so what is the problem??? --Jnnc19 (talk) 16:25, 3 November 2019 (CET)
- An individual's Youtube or Instagram account is not a reliable sources for establishing notability. It's what we call a primary source. You need third-party reliable sources for that. An acceptable source would be an article in Juice or some other established news or music site that had non-trivial coverage of the individual. Links to the subject's Facebook, Instagram, or Youtube account are not acceptable source. Links to genius.com are not acceptable either, as those profiles are not under editorial control; anyone can create them. OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:33, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
- Youtube videos or songs and Instagram posts/storys from the persons themselves are the most reliable sources that exists because you have their own spoken word of the persons! A article of an foreign person for example Juice is not as reliable as an Youtube video of a Youtuber who said in his/her video that for example my parents are from Turkey. I also wrote to admins from German Wikipedia and they also said that links to Instagram or Youtube videos are ok and reliable and acceptable sources. Almost every article I have wrote have Youtube, Twitter or Instagram links and I also every second article on English and German Wikipedia have such links and then you want to told me that they are not acceptable sources???!!! What I did in the list is the same that I did with all the other articles I have written and nobody has a problem. You are the first one who said this. What I have used are "Self-published sources" and yes that are reliable sources after Wikipedia rules. Ok and I will remove all the Genius links and will replace them with direct links to their songs, but that changes nothing based on the article. --Jnnc19 (talk) 16:56, 3 November 2019 (CET)
- Every language Wikipedia is independent of one another. I'm telling you what the policies are on English Wikipedia; policies from other wikis are irrelevant here. Direct links to songs are not reliable sources for establishing notability." You're going to be blocked if you resume adding entries that don't have suitable links. I've explained the policies clearly to you here and provided you with plenty of policy links. Please don't let a case of WP:IDIDNTHEARTHAT lead to a block. OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:59, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
- What are you talking is wrong. Of course, direkt links for example to songs are reliable sources. Why all the articles in Wikipedia have sources like for example tweets of a person if it is against the rule. Sources like for example Songs are accepted as a source if it is for example the person himself who said this. If I did a video an said: „Mero‘s parents are from Turkey“ of course this is not accepted as a reliable source. But if Mero himself or f.e. his best friend says in a youtube video: „My parents are from Turkey“ than this of course a reliable and acceptable source and that is also what I have learned from Wikipedia. I have also explained the Wikipedia policy to you and you are I think the only one of Wikipedia who have this opinion. So if you will blocked me, this is against Wikipedia rules.
--Jnnc19 (talk) 17:15, 3 November 2019 (CET)
- I'm not talking about sources to establish whether or not the individual is Turkish, Palestinian, or whatnot. I'm talking about sources to establish whether the person meets Wikipedia notability guidelines. Our WP:BIO policy is pretty clear in this regard; "People are presumed notable if they have received significant coverage in multiple published secondary sources that are reliable, intellectually independent of each other, and independent of the subject." Note the "independent of the subject" part; that's the part the explicitly excludes the subject's own social media pages. I'm not discussing this further, as I don't feel like I can be any more clear about what our policy is. OhNoitsJamie Talk 16:28, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for November 8
An automated process has detected that when you recently edited List of people named Daniel, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Real Friends (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver).
(Opt-out instructions.) --DPL bot (talk) 07:38, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
Heads up on SPI
I don't know if you can really do anything here, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up about this since I saw you were in the archive for a prior SPI on BigDWiki and have since blocked a few other IPs for block evasion. That one seems pretty straightforward, but I figure there's no harm in having a record on SPI.Nblund talk 00:30, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- Just commented on it. Seems WP:DUCK from a behavioral perspective, even if CU doesn't pan out. Could also be WP:MEAT. OhNoitsJamie Talk 00:32, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
What's this all about?
? Johnbod (talk) 16:30, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
- Ha, thank you! OhNoitsJamie Talk 14:24, 12 November 2019 (UTC)